2011 WRX's?? - Page 14
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX's?? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; At least I'm not the only one out there waiting. I'm a complete newbie. New to the forum. New to ...

At least I'm not the only one out there waiting. I'm a complete newbie. New to the forum. New to Subarus. And new to buying new cars.

I'm waiting for delivery of white 2011 WRX hatch, premium with short shifter and armrest. I got nothing else to do while waiting so figured I'd tell my story about doing my car deal.

Being a first time new car buyer I did my homework and did some research on what and what not to do when buying a new car. I didn't set foot into the snake pit...I mean dealership till I received a quote I liked. I did all my inquiries via email, some of the Internet sales managers wanted me to come down to the office or call on the phone; yeah right, Internet sales. I only got serious responses from five of the twelve dealers I contacted. I made it clear that I was requesting quotes from multiple area dealers and I offered each dealership the chance to beat/match the best quotes I got. It was quickly apparent who was able to deal and who wasn't. It came down to two dealers about $500 apart. Starting out I thought paying invoice was going to be all but impossible. Many dealers told me they didn't have pricing info. or that I was going after a highly desired car and to be prepared to pay a premium. Honestly the Internet must have had car dealers cringing, so much info at your fingertips, no more smoke and mirrors.

So I was going to go with the base model but requested quotes on the premium to see if I could get a decent price. Ended up ordering a 2011 WRX white hatch, premium trim plus short shifter and arm rest for $26,728. About $717 below invoice which is pretty much equal to the destination charge. With taxes, title, etc. out the door for $29 even. Honestly I think pre-ordering played a big roll but not sure. All thats left to do is hurry up and wait.

BTW-the prices are for east coast, NJ

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

does anyone have the specs on the tires that are coming on the Limited (I'm guessing they may be the same for all, but I dunno for sure)?

Since I'll be getting the car in October, it's gonna be about time for all season tires when I get it...I'm thinking about:

A) Selling the Summer tires that are coming on it
    B) Seeing if I can find a local tire place that will give me a credit for them (if they sell the same type) presuming they have sub 20-50 miles on them.

So if anyone has that info, it'd be greatly appreciated...3 days down 81 to go (ugh...that sounds worse that 12 wks almost)

Hi Everyone

Just placed an order this morning for a 2011 WRX Hatchback base model in WR Blue Pearl with fog lights, auto dimming mirror with compass, rear cargo tray, and rear bumper guard for $25,252

Pretty stoked! Not sure on when the estimated arrival should be, he said it could be any where from 2-5 weeks

This will be my first subie

Quote Originally Posted by cutter311 View Post
    does anyone have the specs on the tires that are coming on the Limited (I'm guessing they may be the same for all, but I dunno for sure)?

Since I'll be getting the car in October, it's gonna be about time for all season tires when I get it...I'm thinking about:

A) Selling the Summer tires that are coming on it
    B) Seeing if I can find a local tire place that will give me a credit for them (if they sell the same type) presuming they have sub 20-50 miles on them.

So if anyone has that info, it'd be greatly appreciated...3 days down 81 to go (ugh...that sounds worse that 12 wks almost)
    If you want to drive your subie anywhere near the limit, all season tires are junk from what I've heard.

I'd say you're better off having both sets of tires, or summer tires and winter tires. They come with very expensive summer tires that don't last the longest (about 20k miles I'm told).
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    2011 WRX Sedan in Satin White Cobb Stage 1+AEM Cold Air Intake
    Click here for my Progress Thread
    Installing HellaSupertones? Click here.
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    what $23,100 is the price of the car?I was quoted 25,195 with center console & rear cup holders.and Edmunds shows the invoice price to be $24804.How come there's such a big difference?
    With taxes and destination out the door I paid $25k and some change. If i subrtact dest. and taxes the car itself was something around 23k and change, can't remember exactly and dont have the paperwork in front of me.

Quote Originally Posted by jd92677 View Post
    With taxes and destination out the door I paid $25k and some change. If i subrtact dest. and taxes the car itself was something around 23k and change, can't remember exactly and dont have the paperwork in front of me.
    Really depends on your tax rate...my sales tax here is 8.75% and registration is something like $400 in CA.

Yours sounds like a great deal either way...sounds like you were around 1k under invoice. Well done!
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    2011 WRX Sedan in Satin White Cobb Stage 1+AEM Cold Air Intake
    Click here for my Progress Thread
    Installing HellaSupertones? Click here.
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

Just got mine yesterday! Drove up to the Springs to pick it up. BTW, I had the best experience with Craig Edic at Heuberger Motors in Colorado Springs. He literally called me 10 times just before and after the car arrived to let me know how it was all going and when I could pick it up. Can't say enough good things about that place!

At the dealer
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 004 (Large).jpg 
Views:	521 
Size:	105.5 KB 
ID:	89682
    otw back home.

Name:	Picture 012 (Large).jpg 
Views:	522 
Size:	147.9 KB 
ID:	89683

Name:	Picture 013 (Large).jpg 
Views:	519 
Size:	139.3 KB 
ID:	89684

Name:	Picture 016 (Large).jpg 
Views:	523 
Size:	111.9 KB 
ID:	89685

M45
    Beauty. Can't get enough of those pics. Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by kd5gwf View Post
    Just got mine yesterday! Drove up to the Springs to pick it up. BTW, I had the best experience with Craig Edic at Heuberger Motors in Colorado Springs. He literally called me 10 times just before and after the car arrived to let me know how it was all going and when I could pick it up. Can't say enough good things about that place!

At the dealer

Name:	Picture 004 (Large).jpg 
Views:	521 
Size:	105.5 KB 
ID:	89682
    otw back home.

Name:	Picture 012 (Large).jpg 
Views:	522 
Size:	147.9 KB 
ID:	89683

Name:	Picture 013 (Large).jpg 
Views:	519 
Size:	139.3 KB 
ID:	89684

Name:	Picture 016 (Large).jpg 
Views:	523 
Size:	111.9 KB 
ID:	89685
    funny...Craig is my salesman, too...He did make it totally painless and I'm completely happy w/ the deal. If I know anyone buying they'll be sent right to Craig...

How long did it take to get yours delivered? I'm @ 5 days

I stopped by tonight to show the family the car in person & saw they got a shipment in; they are all spoken for except the blue one...

CONGRATS on get the ride!!! It looks awesome, I'm jealous...

PS: When did you get the windows tinted? Was that pre-pickup?
    Last edited by cutter311; 08-29-2010 at 08:41 PM.

I just ordered my 2011 WRX Hatch Limited w/short throw in White. 6 weeks for it to be built and delivered to me here in Denver. I am new to Subaru's and these forums. I am completely pumped to get this one fully loaded and built just for me. The break-in period will be difficult, but I can be patient ::taps foot::

I will post some pics as soon as they are available. WOOT!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ok2drive View Post
    At least I'm not the only one out there waiting. I'm a complete newbie. New to the forum. New to Subarus. And new to buying new cars.

I'm waiting for delivery of white 2011 WRX hatch, premium with short shifter and armrest. I got nothing else to do while waiting so figured I'd tell my story about doing my car deal.

Being a first time new car buyer I did my homework and did some research on what and what not to do when buying a new car. I didn't set foot into the snake pit...I mean dealership till I received a quote I liked. I did all my inquiries via email, some of the Internet sales managers wanted me to come down to the office or call on the phone; yeah right, Internet sales. I only got serious responses from five of the twelve dealers I contacted. I made it clear that I was requesting quotes from multiple area dealers and I offered each dealership the chance to beat/match the best quotes I got. It was quickly apparent who was able to deal and who wasn't. It came down to two dealers about $500 apart. Starting out I thought paying invoice was going to be all but impossible. Many dealers told me they didn't have pricing info. or that I was going after a highly desired car and to be prepared to pay a premium. Honestly the Internet must have had car dealers cringing, so much info at your fingertips, no more smoke and mirrors.

So I was going to go with the base model but requested quotes on the premium to see if I could get a decent price. Ended up ordering a 2011 WRX white hatch, premium trim plus short shifter and arm rest for $26,728. About $717 below invoice which is pretty much equal to the destination charge. With taxes, title, etc. out the door for $29 even. Honestly I think pre-ordering played a big roll but not sure. All thats left to do is hurry up and wait.

BTW-the prices are for east coast, NJ
    which dealer in NJ do you recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by cutter311 View Post
    funny...Craig is my salesman, too...He did make it totally painless and I'm completely happy w/ the deal. If I know anyone buying they'll be sent right to Craig...

How long did it take to get yours delivered? I'm @ 5 days

I stopped by tonight to show the family the car in person & saw they got a shipment in; they are all spoken for except the blue one...

CONGRATS on get the ride!!! It looks awesome, I'm jealous...

PS: When did you get the windows tinted? Was that pre-pickup?
    When you do the finance tutorial thing with the finance guy he will offer tinting as an option. It is a little pricey compared to places here in Santa Fe. $289 for all windows at 27% which is the CO state limit. Upside is that it is done and ready when u pick it up. Only added 4 hours to when I could physically pick it up.... and yes, he kept me updated to the minute as to when i could pick it up

I placed my order on July 23rd (first day he could do it). arrived on Aug 27th. Hope that helps. was a bit quicker than he was expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverDrew View Post
    I just ordered my 2011 WRX Hatch Limited w/short throw in White. 6 weeks for it to be built and delivered to me here in Denver. I am new to Subaru's and these forums. I am completely pumped to get this one fully loaded and built just for me. The break-in period will be difficult, but I can be patient ::taps foot::

I will post some pics as soon as they are available. WOOT!
    What dealer did you go through?

Quote Originally Posted by kd5gwf View Post
    When you do the finance tutorial thing with the finance guy he will offer tinting as an option. It is a little pricey compared to places here in Santa Fe. $289 for all windows at 27% which is the CO state limit. Upside is that it is done and ready when u pick it up. Only added 4 hours to when I could physically pick it up.... and yes, he kept me updated to the minute as to when i could pick it up

I placed my order on July 23rd (first day he could do it). arrived on Aug 27th. Hope that helps. was a bit quicker than he was expecting.
    Cool, thanks for the update...I appreciate the info.

Funny thing...When my family and I were there (about 30m or so) we saw 4 or 5 other cars of people checking out the WRX.

having mine now for 1 week and about 200miles.... the break in period is torture.... coming from a 2.5L n/a 99rs, its certainly way quicker... even shifting around 4k... and i take the bus to commute to work....

for a bigger car, still handles well and tends to understeer at the limits... i'll have to adjust the tire pressures....

with the 235's and -1.8 front camber / 0 toe all around, it's a good mix of grip.... and with the suspension, soaks up the bumps well.... but still enough feedback... car doesn't feel soft like the 2010wrx wagon i drove in test drive.

brake pads will require a better compound for pushing it at the limits.... but that's normal.... it's fine for day to day and winter driving.

speakers suck... and low end..... need to upgrade them... i find the seats a bit too wide.... but probably do the seat mod that's talked iwsti to get some more bolstering.

what else?

love the exhaust on the sedan... just enough sound for some attention but not so much for annoyance / wrong attention.