2011 WRX's?? - Page 11
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX's?? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; First post. My wife and I just picked up an '11 WRX Base here in OR. Definitely paid off to ...

First post.

My wife and I just picked up an '11 WRX Base here in OR.

Definitely paid off to be informed about invoice pricing (we were able to use USAA for that), and playing dealers against each other.

Got the options we wanted, and the extended warranty stuff we liked for what we wanted to pay.

It was my first new car buying experience, and it turned out to be a bit of a rush.

Plus, it's pretty sweet having one of the first white '11 WRXs around PDX.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    welcome , when u have time lets see more pics of yer new scooby
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Quote Originally Posted by ElVerde View Post
    Costa Mesa, Irvine, Fullerton, and Long Beach.

Long Beach has given me the best offer so far. My parents actually live out in Temecula, so I'm planning on sending some e-mails out that way today...let me know if you've had any good experiences out there or recommendations.

Buying in Temecula saves 1% on sales tax though
    The only luck I've had has been with Renick Subaru...I think they're between LA and like West Covina. They said someone else had placed an order for the exact car I wanted but backed out so it's available if I want to reserve it with $300 cc over the phone. That sounds too fishy to me but I did get some info.

For a 2011 WRX hatch base, no options, this was my quote (literally lol):

"The price on this vehicle for you would be $25,107 which is 300 over my cost.
    Your total out the door would be $27,792.43 based on OC tax rate.
    The currently special on Impreza's for 2011 is 2.9% for 63 month terms. "

They can't get anything until late Oct though so I'm still trying to get responses from other dealers.

Quote Originally Posted by jd92677 View Post
    Cody at Kings subaru, great guy, kept me up to date the whole tim and gave me a good deal. If you're from the cinci area I would make the trip to see him
    ah yeah kings subaru just opened recently. i used to work at beechmont subaru in anderson, so i was assuming it was one of those guys lol...

if your going to be an active member here might i also suggest another site ohiosubarus.org

a lot of cincy guys on there frequently. we've got a few meets set up if you are interested in that.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Infinity

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    welcome , when u have time lets see more pics of yer new scooby
    Here's a couple pix of the car:

Sorry for the horrible quality, as I only have my cell camera available right now.

Hope to post more pix and stuff soon.
    Go fast. Go fast now!

Quote Originally Posted by anxiouz View Post
    The only luck I've had has been with Renick Subaru...I think they're between LA and like West Covina. They said someone else had placed an order for the exact car I wanted but backed out so it's available if I want to reserve it with $300 cc over the phone. That sounds too fishy to me but I did get some info.

They can't get anything until late Oct though so I'm still trying to get responses from other dealers.
    Renick is the Fullerton Dealership. They actually haven't responded to my e-mail yet.

Irvine e-mailed me a quote of 25,300 before any options...so looks like they're on a similar page.

Keep in mind 25,107 is about 300 over dealer INVOICE, not dealer cost. They BS you by sayng dealer cost, but they get paid 3% by subaru for every car they sell. This is why people are able to order them below invoice. You can definitely do better on price than that...but its a great starting point!

Quote Originally Posted by kbrownmann View Post
    ah yeah kings subaru just opened recently. i used to work at beechmont subaru in anderson, so i was assuming it was one of those guys lol...

if your going to be an active member here might i also suggest another site ohiosubarus.org

a lot of cincy guys on there frequently. we've got a few meets set up if you are interested in that.
    Absolutely! I've been looking for meets around here. Beechmont Subaru actually owns Kings but they gave me a much better deal, go figure! I'm on here all the time and I'll check that site out, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anxiouz View Post

UPDATE: Got the same quote from Renick you got. Turned around and mentioned that offer to dealer at Long Beach, and he offered me invoice right away with no problem.

Here's the breakdown:

2011 WRX sedan in white
    short throw shifter
    boost gauge
    sti shifter
    center armrest console
    Price before taxes and registration: $25,386

EDIT: Destination included.

This is an offer I'd certainly be happy with, but I plan on mentioning the offer to the other (3) dealers i've been working with to see if they'll beat it. Stoked to be the owner of a wrx in the near future!
    Last edited by ElVerde; 08-25-2010 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ElVerde View Post
    Price before taxes and registration: $25,386

This is an offer I'd certainly be happy with, but I plan on mentioning the offer to the other (3) dealers i've been working with to see if they'll beat it. Stoked to be the owner of a wrx in the near future!
    That sounds pretty good to me too.
    So these pre-orders are eligible for the 2.9 financing even though they won't be delivered until October? It seems to me that when I was shopping Mustangs that the financing wasn't set until you take delivery.
    Also is it really a 63 month term rather than 60? I'll be interested to hear what they offer on 72 months... I've had my current Subaru OBS since 1999 and it still looks and runs like new so I like the really long term loan.

Good call on the white sedan. It looks awesome. I've always wanted the blue though so I think I'm gonna have to go that way

Yeah i'm pretty happy with it. It's not looking like I'll get below invoice at this point (I have one more dealership to try), but Irvine and Renick in Fullerton have already told me they can't beat it.

I've always loved the white (maybe with gold BBS??), but the blue is really true subaru. I don't think you can go wrong on the colors though. The dark grey hatch I saw looked awesome too. Zonked's white sedan is what really made me sure I wanted white.

I'm not sure on the financing thing...I'm financing through my credit union at 3.99%. If there were more of a difference I might try to get the dealers 2.9%, but dealer finance people piss me off more than salesmen even (I work in the financial sector myself)((The salesman at Costa Mesa was the BIGGEST idiot ever; he didnt even know what size wheels were coming on the 2011. Tool))

I'll let you know if any funny business goes down when i put my order in officially.

Long term loans are tempting...but I'm a big fan of having your car paid off ASAP. Me no likie interest.

Wife wanted white, and after I saw an '11 WRX sedan, I was sold.

Seeing it in the sun was what did it for me.

Plus, I'm hoping it helps with the Texas sun.

We've got to get the windows tinted once we get back though.
    Go fast. Go fast now!

I don't know what it is but I like these cars in white. I had been looking at Mustangs and Challengers and I never would've considered them in white(too boring). But for the WRX its a different story. Maybe its because they're such a nice blank canvas for mud splatter or they way they look in the snow.
    Awesome WRX.

Just saw my 2011 WRX baby today. Getting it this Sat!!!!! But it doesnt have the stock lip that the WRX's come with =\

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm shopping around and the best price I got was $25295 for the base model WRX,options,taxes extra.Is that a good deal?

that sounds pretty good to me if it includes the destination charge although it depends on where you are in the country. There have been lots of people that have ordered for well under invoice. Out here in Southern California its been a tougher time.