2011 WRX's?? - Page 10
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX's?? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by ElVerde Yeah they're clearly playing games with me...i've already contacted 3 more dealerships...once of which gave me ...

Quote Originally Posted by ElVerde View Post
    Yeah they're clearly playing games with me...i've already contacted 3 more dealerships...once of which gave me an offer of 800 over invoice immediately via e-mail. I'm confident that with an offer like that I'll be able to get him down to invoice. I'm comfortable paying invoice for the car, I just hate the idea of giving the dealership a bunch of extra money for no reason.
    Don't ever settle. I though I had a good deal at 300 over inv until I got to this forum. After pitting even more dealerships at against each other, I ended up with 600 under inv. CRAZY!

Keep poking em...good luck!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thank you!

That's just the sort of encouragement I need.

Yeah you can easily get invoice and a few hundred under. Usually contact the internet people since they have more space to play with!!! GOOD LUCK!!!! Hopefully mine comes around this week cause that was what I was promised from my sales guy!!!

Don't settle!

I got $600 under invoice. Pitted a couple of dealers against one another but I ended up getting it from the one I wanted to.

They basically knew that they had a done deal so they had no problem with the order. Since I was OK with whenever it came in and I didn't need the car right away I had all the leverage which helped.

Even at 600 below invoice, they may have cut into their holdback but they still made a little money. But better yet, they kept a customer that is local and will be back for both service and more cars.

I will tell you that demand is expected to be greater than the supply in my area (suburbs of Philly) alone so depending on where you are it may be getting tougher. When I ordered a couple of weeks ago the dealer still did not have a lot of info on the car.

FWIW, talking with my salesman recently he said that 99% of the people he talks to are waiting to see the car in person before they make a decision. Me and 3 other people that pre-ordered from him will most likely be the only ones getting ours for under invoice.

Funny thing is, all 4 of those WRX's (2 STI's) are scheduled to come in on the same day, I'm hoping to be there to get a picture of that.

Quote Originally Posted by drafter View Post
    As we try to track the status of deliveries, let us know what state you are in if you have gotten your 2011 delivery.

I wonder if it starts out lopsided to the west coast? I'm in NY waiting for my 2011 STI that I ordered yesterday with an 8-12 week estimate.
    Cincinnati Ohio, mine was scheduled for the first week of Sept but it was 2 weeks early, picked it up last weekend

Quote Originally Posted by nibbles View Post
    Yeah you can easily get invoice and a few hundred under. Usually contact the internet people since they have more space to play with!!! GOOD LUCK!!!! Hopefully mine comes around this week cause that was what I was promised from my sales guy!!!
    One internet guy sent me a spreadsheet showing invoice on the base sedan as 24,805. I was under the impression invoice was 24,079

Can anyone tell me what ACTUAL dealer invoice was on a base wrx they have ordered??

Quote Originally Posted by MrDavros2U View Post

FWIW, talking with my salesman recently he said that 99% of the people he talks to are waiting to see the car in person before they make a decision. Me and 3 other people that pre-ordered from him will most likely be the only ones getting ours for under invoice.
    This is what I've heard too...They're under invoice cuz their not on the lot.

The 24805 number is including the 700 (approx) shipping number.

I am looking at my order form right now, and before any options, including shipping my number was 24,207.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDavros2U View Post
    The 24805 number is including the 700 (approx) shipping number.

I am looking at my order form right now, and before any options, including shipping my number was 24,207.

Ah, that's right...so the 24,805 IS a fair invoice price if it is including delivery charges (Which in SoCal are 750 to the best of my knowledge.)

getting quoted at only 800 over that number gives me a whole lot of confidence...I'm sure I can get it below invoice now.

The 750 delivery charge now brings up the actual invoice on the car with options i want to $25,532....the current lowest offer I have from internet is $26,186. Seems like with a little bit of legwork between dealerships getting below invoice shouldn't be much of a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ElVerde View Post
    The 750 delivery charge now brings up the actual invoice on the car with options i want to $25,532....the current lowest offer I have from internet is $26,186. Seems like with a little bit of legwork between dealerships getting below invoice shouldn't be much of a problem.
    I'm in Temecula and just started sending out emails asking for quotes last night (I haven't heard back yet). Which dealers are you talking to besides Costa Mesa? There have been so many people that ordered at or below invoice... it definitely can be done.

Costa Mesa, Irvine, Fullerton, and Long Beach.

Long Beach has given me the best offer so far. My parents actually live out in Temecula, so I'm planning on sending some e-mails out that way today...let me know if you've had any good experiences out there or recommendations.

Buying in Temecula saves 1% on sales tax though

I'm going to be concentrating on the Inland Empire so I'll let you know what I hear. I'm still waiting to hear from all of them. I sent out emails at around 1am

Quote Originally Posted by Daniocal View Post
    I'm going to be concentrating on the Inland Empire so I'll let you know what I hear. I'm still waiting to hear from all of them. I sent out emails at around 1am
    So pretty much Carlsbad Corona San Bernardino and Ontario?

Those are all places worth driving an hour to save 500 bucks. Good luck and keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by jd92677 View Post
    Cincinnati Ohio, mine was scheduled for the first week of Sept but it was 2 weeks early, picked it up last weekend
    who was your salesman?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Infinity

Quote Originally Posted by kbrownmann View Post
    who was your salesman?
    Cody at Kings subaru, great guy, kept me up to date the whole tim and gave me a good deal. If you're from the cinci area I would make the trip to see him