2010 WRX - Cobb Accessport?

This is a discussion on 2010 WRX - Cobb Accessport? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just bought a new 2010 WRX 4 door in white. Was going to wait for the 2011 but after ...

Smile 2010 WRX - Cobb Accessport?

I just bought a new 2010 WRX 4 door in white. Was going to wait for the 2011 but after the test drive I couldn't wait.

I was looking at small tweaks to get more bhp from the already quick engine and noticed using the Cobb Accessport could be the answer without heavy mods. Is that the answer??

I dont want to buy one until I tried it and was wondering if there was anyone in the London, ON area that has one and does tunes or groups that share these or or??

Yes I am new to ClubWRX.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jugghead View Post
    I dont want to buy one until I tried it and was wondering if there was anyone in the London, ON area that has one and does tunes or groups that share these or or??
    once you use the accessport on your car it is locked to your ECU... so you cant really borrow one from someone & "try it" before you buy it.

the AP is a nice tool if you want to do basic modifications & have the ability to switch back & forth between different maps with ease

two of the most common maps that come w/ the AP are stage 1 (stock vehicle or just a catback exhaust)

or stage 2 (full exhaust [downpipe + catback])

also keep in mind- any modification or tune could potentially effect your factory warranty.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    once you use the accessport on your car it is locked to your ECU... so you cant really borrow one from someone & "try it" before you buy it.

also keep in mind- any modification or tune could potentially effect your factory warranty.
    Thanks, I didnt know it locked to your ECU as I saw people selling them used online. I assumed it was transportable.

I did know it affected the warranty. I have all stock so I would be looking at Stage 1. Would it be worth it?

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    well you can unlock it from your ECU to sell it but once you disconnect it, you will lose your tune/mapping

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.