New 03 wrx owner.

This is a discussion on New 03 wrx owner. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Greetings all im cj and i just picked up my 03 sonic yellow wrx this past saturday, couldn't be happier. ...

New 03 wrx owner.

Greetings all im cj and i just picked up my 03 sonic yellow wrx this past saturday, couldn't be happier. The car has 80k on it and is bone stock aside from a turboxs BOV that came on it, which i wasn't thrilled about but also wasn't a deal breaker.

Some questions i have since i am new to the Subaru world are, what sort of maintenance should i be doing, and issues should i be looking for? What are the most worth while first mods i should perform?( i've read about replacing the up-pipe.) And lastly, the car came with black leather interior with yellow stitching, which i found odd because i thought they only came with the cloth interior. I did some research and to my knowledge leather could be added at the dealer but not to the WRX? If someone could shed some light on this that would be great..

Here's a pic.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

good find, looks sharp. makes me miss my 02 a bit, but im diggin my legacy gt right now. the first thing you need to do is get that blow off valve off your car and replace it with a stock bypass valve. bov's are terrible for the engine.

im not sure about the leather deal, maybe done by the last owner.

welcome to the suby club
    2006 Aspen White WRX STI (320whp/390wtq - Molested by Drunkmann Tuning)

Hi and welcome. Congrats on the purchase. Post some pics of the seats. Theyre probably covers like katskinz. As far as performance, you gotta stick around for a while and search. The info is all in here just take a few minutes and look around.

Welcome to the Club

Great looking Bugeye. Post some more pics!

Thanks guys. Yea i've done my fair share of reading and i think the first things i need to get are an uppipe and a boost gauge. I'm definitely working on getting rid of the BOV too. I have no decent shots of the interior yet and its raining, but here are some others.