perrin catback

This is a discussion on perrin catback within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; so out of all the catbacks there is to choose from. i chose the perrin. yeah its a bit pricey ...

Wappingers Falls, New York, United States

perrin catback

so out of all the catbacks there is to choose from. i chose the perrin. yeah its a bit pricey but its good quality from what ive read. i was going to get a cheapo ebay 250 dollar job but i heard from a friend that its nothing but problems with fitment and such. the perrin exhaust vid ive seen on youtube sounds mint. i just have one question, hows it sound in person? i know its not meant to be extremely loud but thats what i want - something noticeable without the cops hounding me. anyway thanks if you can comment on this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    You need to be more specific. Perrin has made many exhausts.

the street one. my bad

Its not so much who made the exhaust, but the shape and design of it that makes the sound. I think the Perrin is a good exhaust, but ive only heard it on youtube. Whatever way they made the blitz nur spec r, thats the loudest exhaust ive heard on a subby. My buddy has one, with a catless Helix DP and its hard to talk in the car. Its only a stage 2 bugeye.
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

nice kidd.. yeah i knew perrin was a good name and made good quality stuff..the youtube vid of the street tone catback sounds great, just wanted to know if anyone has heard it in person. i dont want anything too loud, or a huge cheesy grapefruit launcher out the back of my car thatll draw attention. but then again i dont want something TOO quiet lol.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyDznuts86
    nice kidd.. yeah i knew perrin was a good name and made good quality stuff..the youtube vid of the street tone catback sounds great, just wanted to know if anyone has heard it in person. i dont want anything too loud, or a huge cheesy grapefruit launcher out the back of my car thatll draw attention. but then again i dont want something TOO quiet lol.
    Don't go by YouTube. There are a bunch of Subarus downstate; go to a meet and listen to the different exhausts in-person.

My Borla XR-1 looks completely stock from behind, and it's far from quiet (probably a little louder than the Perrin Street). I'm actually looking to ditch it for one of the Invidia Q300s; if I want to make noise, that's what my EWG is for
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Read up on them, check prices and choose. I went with Magnaflow SST CAT back on my 2010 hatch. Mainly due to Amazon offering it for 200 bucks. It was a deal to say the least. I had some fit problems, it was too close to the rear drive shaft, had to go with longer rubber exhaust hangers, obtained from NAPA. It fits perfect now, looks great, sounds perfect to me, so much better than the stock "no sound" exhaust.

yeah the stock exhaust is so stealth its horrible lol. i just want some tone, not looking for a huge boost in performance but something nice. thanks fellas.

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Don't go by YouTube. There are a bunch of Subarus downstate; go to a meet and listen to the different exhausts in-person.

My Borla XR-1 looks completely stock from behind, and it's far from quiet (probably a little louder than the Perrin Street). I'm actually looking to ditch it for one of the Invidia Q300s; if I want to make noise, that's what my EWG is for
    ohh how are them q300's?? ive seen them for sale just never heard 'em yet.. i was also lookin at the cobb catback too

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyDznuts86
    ohh how are them q300's?? ive seen them for sale just never heard 'em yet.. i was also lookin at the cobb catback too
    I haven't heard the Q300 on an '02-'07 WRX/STi, but I have heard them on both the '08+ WRX and an '06 LGT Spec.B.

Quieter than my Borla (I got that for free), OEM look, and about $530 shipped - three "plus"es for me
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Another 2 cents

I've got the perrin exh. on my 2010 4-door, mated with a TuboXS downpipe (with CAT), it's a little on the load side at low RPMs, but man it sounds great at full throttle.