Help me reach my 250whp goal
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Help me reach my 250whp goal within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have a 02 wrx bone stock I just bought it so I'm new to this. I want to reach ...

Help me reach my 250whp goal

I have a 02 wrx bone stock I just bought it so I'm new to this.
    I want to reach 250-300 whp can someone help me with a good setup without spending a lot of money. Thanks
    Last edited by Wrx364; 07-10-2010 at 11:48 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User Tattooed11Bravo's Avatar
    With out spending a lot of money is a tough one. Depends on your idea of "a lot" is. I would suggest looking on Craigslist in your area and poking around the for sale forums here. There is a lot of guys selling there stuff for cheap.

But a good way to start would be up/down pipe. Catless of course and your exhaust. I know a lot of people like doing the turbo back.

Do the easy free mods like your snorkus delete, makes your turbo sound awesome and in my opinion frees up a lot of space in your engine compartment.

If you have a local tuner after you get some of your mods done take it to them or buy a COBB access port.

Doing all your pipes you should be able to get the stage 2 map and be around 280ish.

There are a lot more guys that know more than I do on here but that is my 2 cents. Hope it helped some.

GOOD LUCK

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    280 is shooting high ESP with a 2.0L.

I'd says custom stage two tune will get 240-250whp depending on the dyno & where the OP lives (elevation, temp, etc)

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I dont think 280 is high at all there is 5 wrx's on the island with a badass tune and those mods and the dyno says between 275 and 286

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Wrx364
    I want to reach 250-300 whp can someone help me with a good setup without spending a lot of money. Thanks
    If you have a # goal in mind, contact the person doing the tuning and ask them what modifications they would need to hit that goal on their dyno.

Quote Originally Posted by Tattooed11Bravo
    I dont think 280 is high at all there is 5 wrx's on the island with a badass tune and those mods and the dyno says between 275 and 286
    Which is exactly why dyno numbers are pretty worthless; they would probably barely be over 200whp on a dyno around here.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

280whp is def waaaaayy too high for a stage 2. You'll need to get rid of the td04 and get a VF-xx turbo or 16g, injectors,tbe and up pipe and bigger intercooler and custom tune.
    VF-43 Bugeye: OPEN SOURCE tune... 121xxx miles

13.1@105... Lazy launch 1.9 60'
    285whp and 300WTQ.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Tattooed11Bravo View Post
    Pipe dream. Anybody who says they are getting over 250 whp on a regular stage 2 setup might as well be telling you that their stock turbo WRX is faster than a Veyron.

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Maybe torque, not HP.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Wrx364 View Post
    I have a 02 wrx bone stock I just bought it so I'm new to this.
    aside of what the more experienced folks have said.. remember this it applies to all things internal combustion

cheap, reliable, fast

pick two. If you want to play, you have to pay.. especially if you want it to hold together.

if you dont want to spend alot of money, leave the car alone or forgo the high expectations. Not trying to be an ass, but reality sucks man.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    Pipe dream. Anybody who says they are getting over 250 whp on a regular stage 2 setup might as well be telling you that their stock turbo WRX is faster than a Veyron.
    Or they are just BS'ing about what they have done to the engine. These aren't friends but I was the paper work for their dyno. But I understand what your sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    280 is shooting high ESP with a 2.0L.

I'd says custom stage two tune will get 240-250whp depending on the dyno & where the OP lives (elevation, temp, etc)
    +1

If it were a 2.5l 280 isnt gunna happen easily, but you could get 280wtq. Stage 2 bugeyes are around 220whp on Cobbs map, protune 250 could happen. Get a 16g and your goal will be met. 18g if you aiming for 300. Numbers are just that tho, if you feel the cars fast enough, who cares what it puts down.
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

Id say look into a used vf39 w/ sauporting mods and a deicent tune... I'm not sure if you'll have to upgrade your injectors and fuel pump on a 2.0 for this... (at least you don't have to most of the time for the 2.5) but that might land you around 275ish whp and about 320 to the crank... you can do this for the $1200 range if you price and shop it right... and IMO if you can gain around 100chp for under $1200 I think its a pretty good deal... try that with a N/A...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Quote Originally Posted by cjm1991 View Post
    if you feel the cars fast enough, who cares what it puts down.
    I like this
    2006 WRB WRX Sedan @ Stage 2

www.grahamsnodgrass.com

Quote Originally Posted by cjm1991 View Post
    +1

If it were a 2.5l 280 isnt gunna happen easily, but you could get 280wtq. Stage 2 bugeyes are around 220whp on Cobbs map, protune 250 could happen. Get a 16g and your goal will be met. 18g if you aiming for 300. Numbers are just that tho, if you feel the cars fast enough, who cares what it puts down.

280 is an easy number to hit on a stage 2 2.5. If you can't get to that mark, find a new tuner.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by STi-Guy85 View Post
    280 is an easy number to hit on a stage 2 2.5. If you can't get to that mark, find a new tuner.
    Maybe on an STI or +09 WRX.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast