2010 shifter upgrade?

This is a discussion on 2010 shifter upgrade? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My hatch already has the factory SS, so I keep hearing everyone rave about Kartboy SS and bushing. I think ...

2010 shifter upgrade?

My hatch already has the factory SS, so I keep hearing everyone rave about Kartboy SS and bushing. I think I will just keep the shifter I have but wanted to upgrade the bushings. Do most of you change all the bushings in the shifter assembly? I'm not sure if all I need to order is the front shifter bushing for $30 for TIC or should I order the "Holy Shift Kit" for $98 with all bushings in the assembly?

Also I only change motor oil and filter from my car, so my mechanical skills are limited? how hard is the to do?

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ed1981
    I think I will just keep the shifter I have but wanted to upgrade the bushings. Do most of you change all the bushings in the shifter assembly? I'm not sure if all I need to order is the front shifter bushing for $30 for TIC or should I order the "Holy Shift Kit" for $98 with all bushings in the assembly?
    If you're content with the throw length, there's no reason to get a different shifter.

Replace all the bushings (front stay, rear stay, pivot, and shift linkage); every person who hasn't done them all and ran through the gears on my car has added the remaining ones to their "to-do" list.

Quote Originally Posted by ed1981
    Also I only change motor oil and filter from my car, so my mechanical skills are limited? how hard is the to do?
    I linked to instructions for each bushing in this thread. The instructions include pictures; you need to decide for yourself whether you feel mechanically confident enough to tackle the install.

With that said, it's not terribly difficult (the most difficult one is the shift linkage bushings because of that pin). Have a friend come over to help you with the install. Take your time, drink a few beers, and have fun with it.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC