Yep, you got it..Im new to ClubWRX

This is a discussion on Yep, you got it..Im new to ClubWRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, been a Honda guy all my life, and I think it's time to "grow up" if you know ...

Yep, you got it..Im new to ClubWRX

Hey guys, been a Honda guy all my life, and I think it's time to "grow up" if you know what I mean. I've had everything from civics to integras and I currently have an s2k. They are very reliable cars in all, but really offer nothing above and beyond my expectations like subarus do. I recently drove a wrx and an RS and fell in love with the driving experience. So now im really digging for info on all of the model years 2002-2007 on which is the best to buy. Do any of the specific years have fewer problems? Or does it just boil down to body style difference? Also 2.5RS and WRX, which has the better motor, even though the wrx has better performance. Anyways would love to get some more info and for some reason these things are damn hard to find so if anyone knows of a subaru near wisconsin for sale...hit me up.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I've got an '05 RS. From personal experience don't get a 2002 and later RS or 2.5i. It's not worth it. There are virtually no mods unless you buy a full turbo kit, but then you might as well have started with the WRX. 2000 and earlier RS's are great! Nice and light and great with mods. So basically it's personal preference as far as what years you want. If you find a pre-2000 in good shape get it. But if you want a newer car, definitely get a WRX.

As far as integrity between the years, other people on this forum will be able to answer that question in much greater detail.

I vote for you to get a 2011 STi

I Support ClubWRX
    The WRX is the best balanced car between the 2.5RS, the WRX, and the WRX STi. Newer cars tend to make better choices with some exceptions (some mapping problems in late STi cars, for example). If you want performance you want a turbo car. You also want to stick with what you've got -- no adding a turbo to an RS, and no DIY STi from a plain WRX either as it doesn't make sense and is generally more expensive than starting off with what you wanted anyway.

The best road car from those years is the WRX. The best sporting car is the WRX STi. The best sedan in terms of reliability and longevity is... you guessed it... the Honda Accord.

Welcome!
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Alright...Thanks guys, I appreciate the info. I'm actually speaking with someone on the site that's wanting to sell a 2002 WRX wagon, so I'll have to check it out. Any opinions on the wagons? Theyre pretty unique. Definitely something to mod.

Hey dude I would agree with these guys on decision of the WRX. I would say that you should go with one later than 2002/03 because that is when Subaru remodeled the WRX. The engine in the newer version is less likely to overheat and it's not as easy to blow your head gaskets. They also changed the headlight style from the bug eyes to the longer shaped style, which I personally prefer. I have a 2005 WRX and there are so many mods to do from the shark fin roof spoiler to everything being changed out in the engine, it's fun to have the freedom to get what part you want.

Yeah..I'm definitely thinking of the 2002-2007 wrx. The only thing is that they are really hard to come by in my area (milwaukee). Also was possibly thinking of the wagon for insurance purposes, and the driving experience is identical to the sedan from what I hear.

If you are thinking about insurance payment, go ahead a go for the Honda Accord. These cars are amazing, but a little pricey on the insurance side, especially if you are young, or have a bad driving record. As far as the cars themselves, I've had an 04 STi and now own an 06 STi. I love them! I will not own anything other than a Subaru until I absolutely have to! You are making the right choice man! Welcome!

Yeah they are actually pretty reasonable for insurance. I found out that a regular impreza and the wrx are comprable and that its only $10 more a month than my 2000 infiniti i30. So not bad at all.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC