stage 2 clutch grinding

This is a discussion on stage 2 clutch grinding within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My stock clutch just wasn't able to handle the torque of my exhaust and catless dp... so i ordered a ...

stage 2 clutch grinding

My stock clutch just wasn't able to handle the torque of my exhaust and catless dp... so i ordered a stage2 clutch and flywheel and had it installed. The only problem is when i begin slowing down i hear/feel a grinding. I'm assuming its the flywheel and new clutch being worked in but i' not positive. HELP!!!! I dont want to hurt my bugeyed baby!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by russ3331 View Post
    My stock clutch just wasn't able to handle the torque of my exhaust and catless dp... so i ordered a stage2 clutch and flywheel and had it installed. The only problem is when i begin slowing down i hear/feel a grinding. I'm assuming its the flywheel and new clutch being worked in but i' not positive. HELP!!!! I dont want to hurt my bugeyed baby!!!!
    What u mean can't handle the torque...? Maybe it was on its way out and those mods helped to speed up the process... The oem clutch is more than enough to handle a stage 2 bugeye. Why stage 2? Guess u didn't do ur homework on that one.
    VF-43 Bugeye: OPEN SOURCE tune... 121xxx miles

13.1@105... Lazy launch 1.9 60'
    285whp and 300WTQ.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxlaunch View Post
    What u mean can't handle the torque...? Maybe it was on its way out and those mods helped to speed up the process... The oem clutch is more than enough to handle a stage 2 bugeye. Why stage 2? Guess u didn't do ur homework on that one.
    +1

Are you sure you didn't just go out and beat it up? It could've been installed wrong or off and was the flywheel machined to the right specs?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Was it a light weight flywheel that you put in?
    If it was - that's what's causing the grind noise on decel.