Subaru WRX Forum banner

New 2009 WRX Hatchback - Northern, VA

1K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  RedWRX2010 
#1 ·
Well I had decided about 2 weeks ago that I was I going to trade in my 2007 Civic Si for a 5-door WRX. Well today I left work and headed to another dealer about an hour away to do some more bargaining and ended up driving home in my new WRX.

I got a great deal on a 2009 DGM WRX Hatchback with 24k miles on it and they offered a really good trade-in price for my Civic Si so I pulled the trigger and tossed on a 100k mile warranty after that :) So I excited to have the new car! I wish my commute to work was longer tomorrow...

I'm planning on taking her out this weekend for a drive on skyline drive possible or through Shenandoah National Park with some friends of mine. I don't think I will ever be able to enjoy a non-turbo car anymore :)

*Will post pictures tomorrow when it's out in the light.

#3 ·
I am excited for you and jealous... I am waiting for the 2011 WRX to come out on the lots. I am going to check it out in person and test drive it. Compare it with a 2010 and buy one of them. How much did you pay for the 09 hatch?
Yea it's really exciting. It's my first turbo car and my first AWD car as well; and both make a world of difference. I was considering getting a new 2011 because I found a really good deal on it but I decided I didn't want to wait and I'd let someone else take the new car value hit driving it off the lot.

I paid $22,000.00 before TT&T and they gave me $13,500.00 for my Civic Si (the windshield and back bumper needed to be replaced) so I was extremely happy. I'm still wondering if I should keep the 100k mile warranty or not but I'm just really happy right now. I'm pretty sure it's a premium package too because it has a 6-disc changer, moonroof, and heated seats.

The only gripes I have about it are the shifter, the tail lights, and the pedals. I'll probably mod the tail lights first and just paint them red using that DIY write-up and toss in a short-shifter somewhere down the road. The pedals I may replace but I think it's just more getting used to (the Si has really nice stock pedals).

#4 ·
Awessome..

Yea agree on the taillight issue..paint them the car will look much cleaner. Once I drove my 2005 WRX I never thought I would get rid of it and I traded it in for a truck, I wish I never would have and just paid it off and used as project car ( because it would be paid off now) I understand the whole new car hit off the lot as well, but you also take the chance of having a car that was beat on by the previous owner when buying a sports car of any kind especially one with a turbo. Not saying all are abused beyond recognition it is just the piece of mind I get when buying a new WRX vs used. For the 100k warranty I would definitly keep because of that possiblity as well. Also you may want to check the build date on yours and previous warranty work. Check out this thread for more info

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/everyday-impreza-talk/134314123-2009-wrx-reliability-3.html

#8 ·
Congrats! I'm planning on going on a drive either this weekend or next to really drive it. You're more than welcome to join me if you want. I'm thinking I'll either drive through Shenandoah National Park or just down Skyline Drive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.