ne wrx owner from KC!!!

This is a discussion on ne wrx owner from KC!!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone just got a 07 wrx. i made the switch from mitsu to subaru yesterday. although i still have ...

ne wrx owner from KC!!!

Hey everyone just got a 07 wrx. i made the switch from mitsu to subaru yesterday. although i still have my gsx sitting here pissed at me i wont be here for long. the wrx has put a smile on my face its been missing ever since i sold my 3kvr4 from what my wife says. now's its back and i'm happy once more!

this is my first subaru and will be doing a lot of reading on here and other web site's to understand this beast. i know what my goal's are for this car. not much just around 400hp any help would be great!! would love to meet other members as well

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello and welcome to the Club!

The ClubWRX meet of the year is less than a month away (a bit of a drive from KC though) : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...hp?t=134330962
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Welcome and congratz on the rex... 400hp is a pretty lofty goal with these cars IMO, I wouldn't recomend it if it is your DD...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Quote Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex View Post
    Welcome and congratz on the rex... 400hp is a pretty lofty goal with these cars IMO, I wouldn't recomend it if it is your DD...
    Realy i guess i got a lot to learn then. i always thought these wrx's were good fo 400 and would be a waste at 450hp. so i am lost to a new breed of cars. i must learn now and might change my HP as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post
    Hello and welcome to the Club!

The ClubWRX meet of the year is less than a month away (a bit of a drive from KC though) : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...hp?t=134330962
    nope thats a bit far to drive right now. is there any thing closer to the KCMO side going on?

Welcome to Club WRX!

We've got a ton of info and such floating around on the site, so the search tool is pretty helpful. But I'd honestly start by reading this:

Unabomber's Manifesto:
    http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533787

A literal treasure trove of information there

Quote Originally Posted by TheFIGHT87 View Post
    Welcome to Club WRX!

We've got a ton of info and such floating around on the site, so the search tool is pretty helpful. But I'd honestly start by reading this:

Unabomber's Manifesto:
    http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533787

A literal treasure trove of information there
    cool thanks!!! I don plan on asking a lot i like to search for my info just because i like to read even if its not what I'm looking for ill still read it.

thanks to every one that has welcomed me to the site!.

i think one of the best parts t this ca is if its anything like a mitsu. this car was from CA so i think there might be some hidden stuff in there because of the CA emissions
    Last edited by bluedragonwrx; 07-05-2010 at 07:09 AM.

Welcome! If you want subaru enthusiest meets, heres our site for that (stlsubaru.com). Just had a meeting in KC.
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome =)

Quote Originally Posted by bluedragonwrx View Post
    i made the switch from mitsu to subaru yesterday. although i still have my gsx sitting here pissed at me i wont be here for long.

not much just around 400hp any help would be great!!
    I'm not familiar with most other cars such as the gsx to be honest. Is it a AWD model? If not, you might want to add that to your 400hp consideration. 400AWD HP is a whole lot. It's not the same as with a 400hp camaro where your back tires spin until you hook up... With the awd the power goes to the ground =).

Most people consider 400hp to be on the upper end of the spectrum, and out of the range of daily driving due to reliability reasons at that power level.

I would just do some reading and look into throwing a turbo back exhaust and a tune on it and go from there. If you go in small steps you'll love it I am sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

Quote Originally Posted by Heide264 View Post
    Welcome =)

I'm not familiar with most other cars such as the gsx to be honest. Is it a AWD model? If not, you might want to add that to your 400hp consideration. 400AWD HP is a whole lot. It's not the same as with a 400hp camaro where your back tires spin until you hook up... With the awd the power goes to the ground =).

Most people consider 400hp to be on the upper end of the spectrum, and out of the range of daily driving due to reliability reasons at that power level.

I would just do some reading and look into throwing a turbo back exhaust and a tune on it and go from there. If you go in small steps you'll love it I am sure.
    yes the gsx is awd along with the 3000 gt vr4. i owned a camaro a long time ago when i was 18 im 32 now it was not nothing to hot just a 69SS. but the awd is what i love after owning a few

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedragonwrx View Post
    yes the gsx is awd along with the 3000 gt vr4. i owned a camaro a long time ago when i was 18 im 32 now it was not nothing to hot just a 69SS. but the awd is what i love after owning a few
    Well welcome to the forums =). I'm sure you'll enjoy them, a lot of knowledgeable and open people here. One of the best parts about this forum is that most people here are very open to other types of cars and are not "subaru exclusives".

I'm jealous of all your rides =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro