New WRX Owner

This is a discussion on New WRX Owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, Just purchased a used 2004 WRX 5 speed silver wagon about 2 weeks ago in White Rock. Had ...

New WRX Owner

Hey guys,

Just purchased a used 2004 WRX 5 speed silver wagon about 2 weeks ago in White Rock. Had it in the lower mainland for 2 days then drove it all the way up to Northern BC.

It's my first time driving a thing with so much power. Amazing. Good buy indeed. The previous owner kept it mint too. Although I had to change the tires as they had bad camber wear and had alignment done to it too. Handling is amazing. I can't help but emphasize the practicality of the wagon. Plus it's a total sleeper...

Totally in love with the car. Although I've been hearing of gas mileage that are off the charts compared to mine. I was getting about 10-11 kms/L (600-660 kms/tank) assuming 60 L tank. And this was done mostly highway too (1100 kms from Vancouver to a small town in Chetwynd). Maybe my foot is heavy on the gas?

Anyways, hopefully the car will be back in the lower mainland soon.
    Last edited by flyccs; 07-03-2010 at 08:03 PM. Reason: lacked info

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome... post some pictures of the new slushbox!!
    MPG's or KPL will vary depending on your driving habits...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Howdy neighbor!! I'm just down in Bellingham, just a stones throw away from ya! Congrats on the purchase!! I've got an '05 WRB WRX sedan! Let me If you're ever headed down this way! Take pics too and share! Let's see what you got!

thanks guys.

I can't seem to attach pictures. I'll put up this link for now

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._4259644_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._6040979_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._4467844_n.jpg

the car ha no dings. knock on wood. just a few minor rock chips unavoidable for a 6 year old car..

thinking of getting 18's maybe enkei or OZ but I'll wait out a bit since I have brand new tires. PLUS, going 18's will require dropping an inch or two.

Performance and economy

Welcome
    Performance and economy is fairly well balanced
    What fuel do you run on ?
    I get around 10 kpl on average using 98ron, which surprised me when i first got my car, much better than i expected.
    Nice car,
    A bit strange seeing the steering wheel on the left
    Hey
    ( it's just my opinion, besides my WRX it's all i have )

Disclaimer
    I cannot guarantee the accuracy nor intelligence of my opinion. But promise to express it free of charge.

Quote Originally Posted by R Hole View Post
    A bit strange seeing the steering wheel on the left
    Its weird for us here in the states to see right hand drive cars... that would be strange shifting with my left hand...lol
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex View Post
    Its weird for us here in the states to see right hand drive cars... that would be strange shifting with my left hand...lol
    it's not that weird at all. my fiance has had a few RHD cars. the ONLY thing that messes with me is the fact that the blinker is on the right & the windshield wipers are on the left. especially when i used to switch back & forth between RHD & LHD i would go crazy. lol

welcome to the club, OP!

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    it's not that weird at all. my fiance has had a few RHD cars. the ONLY thing that messes with me is the fact that the blinker is on the right & the windshield wipers are on the left. especially when i used to switch back & forth between RHD & LHD i would go crazy. lol

welcome to the club, OP!
    Very true... I met this guy that has an R34 1ce and it was RHD... I think that shifting with my left would be harder to get used to, let alone driving on the other side of the road...lol

What kind of cars does he have? I've always wanted a JDM silvia or a skyline.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801

You would adapt very quickly

You would adapt very quickly to driving a RHD JDM.
    The only problem would be overtaking on a 2 lane blacktop because you cannot see around the vehicle in front of you so oncoming traffic become an extreme hazard. But on freeways or multi lane roads you would be sweet.
    I have only driven a LHD 62 T Bird auto on our keep left roads and overtaking is almost impossible.
    If you can import and reg them the us or canada JDM's offer higher performance levels but are 180k speed limited.
    Hey
    ( it's just my opinion, besides my WRX it's all i have )

Disclaimer
    I cannot guarantee the accuracy nor intelligence of my opinion. But promise to express it free of charge.