Raced a Porsche today - my welcome to the WRX! :) - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Raced a Porsche today - my welcome to the WRX! :) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by mycologist I'd take a boxster in a heartbeat. Hell, throw in a Miata too. Id rather have ...

Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    I'd take a boxster in a heartbeat. Hell, throw in a Miata too.
    Id rather have a cayman over a boxster.. I don't like convertables, id rather have the targa or the hardtop...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Subies do put a smile on ya dial, don't they.

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Discussing street racing is generally frowned upon, as it is illegal and dangerous to the remainder of the drivers on the road. But the occasional stoplight drag race - hey everyone is human
    Yes
    I am guilty of occasional excessive acceleration within reason to gain an advantageous road position to aid the continuity of my journey.
    But i never street race. True

Oh and Welcome
    Hey
    ( it's just my opinion, besides my WRX it's all i have )

Disclaimer
    I cannot guarantee the accuracy nor intelligence of my opinion. But promise to express it free of charge.

DUB
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangewrx View Post
    picked up a nice '04 black wrx sedan a coupla weeks ago and she flies...

raced a boxster today and neck n neck.. what a feeling.

anyhow just wanted to give a wicked boston shout out
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleet Admiral View Post
    I never saw him mention anything about street racing....
    I never saw him mention anything about a track...

I Support ClubWRX
    The original post was never edited and he never mentioned racing om the street however the way it was Implied is that he caught this cat out of the blue.

Regardless street racing is illegal, however most of you are not squeaky clean either.

Play nice boys

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

At one time or another we have all raced on the streets... I still do!
    **__The Hawk-Eye Alliance__**
    Member #0135

Quote Originally Posted by R Hole View Post
    Yes
    I am guilty of occasional excessive acceleration within reason to gain an advantageous road position to aid the continuity of my journey.
    But i never street race. True

Oh and Welcome
    +2
    There is a limit to everything, when I was 16 id always go out with my camaro and try to race people left and right... I'm almost 25 now and I am a lot more mature then I was back then... yes... I love my fast car and do enjoy opening her up a little bit here and there... everyone here has done this reguardless of what they say as what zax said "were all human"... there is nothing wrong with pushing it a little bit here and there, I always see cops hauling ass down the roads and running red lights cause all they have to do is flash their lights... so everyone has their moments just don't make it a habit and pay the road the attention that is required and take responsibility for your actions if you do **** up!!!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Quote Originally Posted by tarmacsti View Post
    At one time or another we have all raced on the streets... I still do!
    Finally a honest man.
    Last edited by Ventura'sWRX; 07-05-2010 at 03:38 PM.
    I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee

Blobeye Syndicate Member #72

^LOL was expecting allot worse comeback than that! Anyway I don't think orange joined us for any life lessons :P he just said he raced a boxster so lay off, you going to make it hard for viewers to become members!
    Member #0135

Quote Originally Posted by tarmacsti View Post
    ^LOL was expecting allot worse comeback than that! Anyway I don't think orange joined us for any life lessons :P he just said he raced a boxster so lay off, you going to make it hard for viewers to become members!
    Most, if not all, of us occasionally make a quick run with some other car on the road. There is no denying that. We have pretty much learned not to bring it up here and that's the expectation that we'd like to set to the new members. We welcome them all to join and participate and to enjoy their cars, however, it is a well known fact that street racing is frowned upon in this forum so the new members should be made aware of that and that they should expect reprimands when they post these stories and not some juvenile high-fives all around. Just setting the right expectations.
    Follow the goddamn prompts!!!!! - Tech Support

'06 WRX TR Aspen White - SOLD
    '96 Mazda Miata - Current Toy

Former Hawk-Eye Alliance #034

Yeah okay I agree
    Member #0135

I don't bother street racing any more. Or maybe it's just that my car is so fast nothing is a race.....

I just like to drive fast solo. Much too fast. But I'm not a kid and have 20 years behind the wheel and maybe a million miles by now. Doesn't change the fact that I'm stupid for driving fast on the streets, but at least I know how to drive!
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Street racing was a blast when I was 16..

Now I just use the power when someone would like to pass me or I would like to pass someone else... I call it competetive passing.. but sometimes it is really hard to stop...BOOST FTW..

note: street racing is never ok, you think you have control of the situation until.....

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by urbancowboy6221 View Post
    Now I just use the power when someone would like to pass me
    please tell me you're joking?

This is very illegal and makes you a complete ****head
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

No I am not joking...

Well this goes along the lines of :assuming everything is under your same conditions. I can expand for you though:

"Now I just use the power when someone would like to pass me"
    -me

That means that I will not allow someone in Rush Hour traffic to bob and weave and cut me off in D.C. traffic. When I stay in one lane the whole time to stay defensive and curteous to other curteous drivers I don't like people going 95 mph through the slow lane and cutting over two lanes in front of me. So I speed up and decrease the already safe distance (2500 feet from my car to the ones in front of me) which then forces the rude driver to slow down and obey basic driving laws. I don't see an issue with putting an ******* in his place with the power I make with my ride. Sorry if you were offended but I intended it the way I did, if I get flamed for saying this... oh well!! I know 90% of the drivers on the road do it so they don't get cut off and have a dangerous A$$hole in front of them (most likely a hummer. ) So please don't confuse my reasoning with yours and post blindly about it why not just clarify instead of rolling your eyes at me like I am a dixie blonde chick.... ridiculous!! Clubwrx.net still remains the top forum for WRX's in my book but comments like these really piss me off!!

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    sorry man that's just not the way it came off. When using a term like "competitive passing" it really makes me think of half the idiots who try to street race by coming up right next to me and revving his/her engine. I know now that's not what you meant but idk, maybe I've just become so jaded with *******s who try to stoplight race left and right...
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.