New to the forum

This is a discussion on New to the forum within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone, I just got a 2007 WRX a week and a half ago and i'm stoked for what's to ...

New to the forum

Hey everyone, I just got a 2007 WRX a week and a half ago and i'm stoked for what's to come with it. I'm always looking for good advise with mods and what not because i've never owned a Subaru before. So any help at all will be greatly appreciated.

The first question i have is what is the best thing to start with on mods? exhaust? intake? and what kind has the best performance? I have a lot of friends that give me suggestions but they've also never owned a Subaru....so i don't want to take what they say to seriously.

Look to hearin from everyone!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello, welcome. Best place to start is tyres. Then work your way up and inward.

Otherwise, see my signature for links with info.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the Club!

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Best place to start is tyres. Then work your way up and inward.
    Agreed - you can't run fast without the correct shoes.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Welcome!! Read the stickies, be patient. Any mod that you want to do to your car should be researched BEFORE deciding. It'll save you and your car all sorts of problems.

Please share photos too!! We wanna see your ride!! Welcome to the family!!

Thanks for the info! I'll definitely be updating pictures as I add to the car. Is there a certain place to post those pictures? or should should I just make a new thread?

One last question for now. I've been reading up on intake and the only concern I have is hydrolock with a cold air because I live in the valley of Oregon. If you guys know anything about Oregon...it rains alot lol so the question I have is if the fenders of the 07 take in much water above the wheel well?

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club

There are "Sticky" threads at the top of each forum subsection. Make sure you read them, as they will answer many of the basic questions you may have.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

thanks again for the information!! i'll keep everyone updated on the upgrades as they come!