Info on fmic - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Info on fmic within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Anub1s Ah willful ignorance. You're going to hate yourself if you do get in an accident and ...

Quote Originally Posted by Anub1s View Post
    Ah willful ignorance. You're going to hate yourself if you do get in an accident and it's not covered.

I'd go over why you don't need an FMIC, but obviously that is of no importance to you.
    I still would like to know why.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrx364 View Post
    Ok thanks for letting me know.but let's hope I never get into a accident...
    I'm just letting you know where I came from. I got in a minor fender bender with one, and let's just say I'm lucky the morans at Nationwide authorized the repair BEFORE sending an adjuster. When he got their he tried to deny the claim but the shop just waved their previous authorization in his face telling him it was too late.

Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    One thing people forget. Call your insurance and ask if they will cover your car in a front end accident if you have your bumper beam removed (which you will have to do for a FMIC).
    Mine came with no mounting hardware and i only needed to take a little peice of my bumper beam off, if i had a working comp and not just my phone id show you a pic. Mine looks like it was supposed to be there IMO. If you have no experience at this sort of thing its highly recommended you take it somewhere or find someone with experience.
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrx364
    I still would like to know why.
    You need to remove the front bumper crash beam in order for the FMIC core to fit. The insurance company will claim that had you retained the beam, the damage to your vehicle wouldn't have been as severe.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.