New to the subaru scene
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New to the subaru scene within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have a stock 02 wrx, I was reading that they come 180 to the wheels. I want to know ...

New to the subaru scene

I have a stock 02 wrx, I was reading that they come 180 to the wheels. I want to know if I add the access port if I can reach my goal of 200 whp..? Or is there any other mods that can helpbme reach my goal with out spending a lot of cash? Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello, welcome. You only want 20-40 HP over stock so it's very realistic. You can save by buying used exhaust components and using open source tuning if you feel up to the task. See links in my signature.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Thanks very much. If I change my bov n change my I.c to a fmic n add a exhaust would I have to tune it...?

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    absolutely, yes. Honestly, do no purchase a B.O.V. it cannot be "tuned out" unless you have dumped the standard MAF for a blow-through system -- you will run rich between shifts and when letting off the throttle. You will likely not experience severe compressor surge with the stock setup.

Most stage 1 setup (OTS or pro-tune) will get you close to 200 whp. Stage 2 (turboback + tune) will get you around 225 whp. Stage 2 + gutted uppipe will get you around 230 whp. Please, research before you purchase anything!
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

What's a turbo back or ots? Can Iget name of products that can help me reach my goal. Thanks for all the information.

I Support ClubWRX
    A turbo back is an exhaust that replaces everything from the turbo to the tip.

OTS is off the shelf. It describes a map that may suit many cars with similar modifications.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Can you give me a list of products that will help me reach my goal? Thanks

You need to do yourself a huge advantage and read this. http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533787
    02redwagone on Nasioc

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 02radioflyer View Post
    You need to do yourself a huge advantage and read this. http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533787
    ah ron's manifesto. This should just be a requirement to read before joining clubdub
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.