New WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi everyone! My name is Kathleen and I am new to this site as well as being new to Subaru. ...

New WRX

Hi everyone! My name is Kathleen and I am new to this site as well as being new to Subaru. I bought my 2010 WRX about two weeks ago and I love it!

I'm not new to small turbo charged engines as I drove a SRT-4 from 2004-2008 and I had tons of fun with the car. I got rid of it because I thought I should be an adult and get something that wasn't so loud and fast....boy was I wrong! I ended up with a Tibby (I know, how embarrassing!) and missed my little loud/fast annoying car and got out of the Tibby as fast as I could and ended up with the WRX which I am very happy with. No tourque steer!!!

I am looking forward to adding mods to the car, but I have no idea where to start vendor wise which is why I came here. I'm hoping this forum has some friendly members willing to help out with that. I am looking for just some basic bolt ons right now. An intake and exhaust. A full exhaust that's moderately loud and hopefully doesn't sound like a kazoo. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh BTW, here is a couple of pics:

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

if a nice exaust sound is what you want, you definately picked the right car!!! subarus in general are known for their unique exhaust note. or the subaru rumble as we call it...

btw nice car, def a fan of the sedan,
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Infinity

Nice car! I would love a set of those stocks for the wagon.

i have the 09 sedan same car lol =] i have the SPT exhaust on it i like it not to loud seems kinda quite though I believe invidia is in production of a super quite 3" catback if you want really quite. also 3gwrx.com is a really good site for are model car. I would recommend a Downpipe when you do the CBE and intake.

dont forget you need to get tuned

Quote Originally Posted by 09whiterex View Post
    i have the 09 sedan same car lol =] i have the SPT exhaust on it i like it not to loud seems kinda quite though I believe invidia is in production of a super quite 3" catback if you want really quite. also 3gwrx.com is a really good site for are model car. I would recommend a Downpipe when you do the CBE and intake.

dont forget you need to get tuned
    Thanks! Love the white!

I will get it tuned. AMS in West Chicago seems to be the place to go.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Nice car and welcome!

Welcome & congrats! Love your profile pic!! (Gir rocks!)

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome. Pretty WRX!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Welcome!
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Skreekin View Post
    Welcome & congrats! Love your profile pic!! (Gir rocks!)
    Thanks! I see we both have great taste in cartoons.

Welcome!

Enjoy your stay here at Club WRX, if you're looking for general guides, the best write up is here:

Unabomber's Manifesto

An amazing compendium of Subaru modding literature. (+1 for working the word "compendium" into that sentence imo )

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.