New member, new car!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New member, new car! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Tomorrow, I am going to be getting my first car and it is a 2001 Subaru Impreza L AWD with ...

New member, new car!

Tomorrow, I am going to be getting my first car and it is a 2001 Subaru Impreza L AWD with only 45k miles on it. Aspen white, mint condition, but unfortunately an AUTO.

I am basically a newbie about Subarus at the moment, with that kind of a Subaru what do you guys suggest me to do?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome, but one question why did you get a auto if you did not want it?
    I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee

Blobeye Syndicate Member #72

I Support ClubWRX
    2001 with 45k in excellent condition.. A car like that probably doesn't exhist in manual lol.. That thing is probably a perfect little gem.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Ventura'sWRX View Post
    Welcome, but one question why did you get a auto if you did not want it?
    I wanted manual, but after I found this car and the condition it was in was amazing and I go to a college 400 miles away and I had to be reasonable and not pass up on this car.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm_Imprezzed View Post
    Tomorrow, I am going to be getting my first car and it is a 2001 Subaru Impreza L AWD with only 45k miles on it. Aspen white, mint condition, but unfortunately an AUTO.

I am basically a newbie about Subarus at the moment, with that kind of a Subaru what do you guys suggest me to do?

Thanks!
    Treat her well... that's a great daily driver!
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

That is a great find! Welcome BTW and enjoy your car!

Dude awesome find. If you don't mind me asking how much is it going to run you?
    "M3 drivers have no friends..." - Jeremy Clarkson

"If something sounds too good to be true, it's best to shoot it to make sure" - Fiona Glenanne

Quote Originally Posted by Crb03 View Post
    Dude awesome find. If you don't mind me asking how much is it going to run you?
    Only going to cost me 6800, I checked the carfax, it is a one owner car, no accidents or anything. The guy who owned it babied it so that's an incredible find.

Also, since the car is not a RS model so it does not have the hood scoop. Do you know where I can find a hood scoop that will be able to fit on my car, I could not find anything around here.

Thanks

Are you doing the scoop just for the looks?

"If something sounds too good to be true, it's best to shoot it to make sure" - Fiona Glenanne

Quote Originally Posted by Crb03 View Post
    Are you doing the scoop just for the looks?
    Yeah is that bad? Haha, I've always loved the scoops on Subaru's and I'd like to have one on mine as well.

Yeah but that's like having an intercooler on a non-turbo honda. AKA interfooler!

Quote Originally Posted by I'm_Imprezzed View Post
    Yeah is that bad? Haha, I've always loved the scoops on Subaru's and I'd like to have one on mine as well.
    Its not bad at all, thats the style you like than by all means do it. You will catch some crap from people because its a NA engine, but what other people think about your car doesnt matter.

Your best bet is to find someone on the forums to trade hoods with that's in your area. You may have better luck on nasioc but the people there are *******s and will probably flame you for wanting a scoop on your NA.

If you want the exact scoop that came on the earlier impreza, I don't know who sells it beside the stealership. If you go on nasioc and look in the classified section and go to vendor sale exterior appearance section, you can find people selling the JDM STi scoops.

Post some pics! I love all the 2001 models

And if you dont feel like spending a lot of money you can probably buy one a dem fake hood scoops that dont do anything but look cool.... and thats what youre doing on ur NA right?
    "What goes around, comes around... and usually gets dizzy thus proceeding to fall and vomit forcefully."

Quote Originally Posted by SoopaSkoob View Post
    Post some pics! I love all the 2001 models

And if you dont feel like spending a lot of money you can probably buy one a dem fake hood scoops that dont do anything but look cool.... and thats what youre doing on ur NA right?
    I definitely will when I get it, any ideas on what to do with my Impreza?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast