Hopefully a 09'/10' WRX Hatch Owner Soon.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Hopefully a 09'/10' WRX Hatch Owner Soon. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys my name is Bern and I'm new here. I've always wanted to get a WRX hatchback and now ...

Cool Hopefully a 09'/10' WRX Hatch Owner Soon.

Hey guys my name is Bern and I'm new here. I've always wanted to get a WRX hatchback and now it's becoming more of reality. So in November of 2009 I got my first sporty car, a 2007 Civic Si Coupe. Since then I've put almost 20,000 (40k miles total on it) miles on the car and have been very pleased with it. However, I plan on getting a dog in the near future and I will have to get rid of the Si for something more dog/cargo friendly.

I have decided to go with a 2009/2010 WRX Hatchback and I've started looking around to see what I can find. I am looking to trade in my Si and use what ever is left over between the balance and the trade in value towards a down payment.

I currently reside in Arlington, VA and was wondering if anyone can recommend a good/big dealer in the area. My budget is ~$24,000.00 after TT&R. I've been looking/driving around and have had little luck. Any advice you guys could offer would be great.

With any luck I will be the owner of a WRX before the end of July.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome aboard and I hope you get your dream WRX hatch.
    Are you having trouble finding a WRX in your area?

You could see if the Dealership your thinking of buying from car can do a Dealertrade. If you find a WRX at another dealer they can trade cars and get the car to the Dealer closer to you.

For good Dealers I've only bought my Subarus from Fitzgerald Auto Malls in MD. I had a great experince with them.
    I never bought from a VA dealer, but I am sure there are good ones.
    2005 SPT WRX Wagon
    "Watch out boys, because girls love mods on a WRX too!"
    Blobeye Syndicate Member #009

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi WRX View Post
    Welcome aboard and I hope you get your dream WRX hatch.
    Are you having trouble finding a WRX in your area?

You could see if the Dealership your thinking of buying from car can do a Dealertrade. If you find a WRX at another dealer they can trade cars and get the car to the Dealer closer to you.

For good Dealers I've only bought my Subarus from Fitzgerald Auto Malls in MD. I had a great experince with them.
    I never bought from a VA dealer, but I am sure there are good ones.
    Thanks Chibi! I'm really set on getting a WRX hatch now and I'm trying to figure out how to make it work. I'm planning on going to my credit union this week (they currently fund my auto loan) and see if they would pre-approve me for a $24,000.00 loan.

I've been looking in the area and haven't had much success with used WRX hatchbacks, it seems everyone likes them too much However I have been talking back and forth with a dealer in Illinois who said they are giving a sweet deal for those that pre-order a 2011 WRX. They said if for people the pre-order and put down a refundable $500.00 deposit, they will get the 2011 WRX Hatch for $1,000.00 under invoice price.

I was previously apposed to getting a brand new car but if I can get a deal like that I would jump at the opportunity.

So right now the game plan is to get pre-approved for the loan. Sell my Civic SI privately and pay of the balance of the loan. Then go to the dealer and tell them I'm pre approved and I want to walk out with a car, and see what they do. Also considering getting a new 2010 if there any left at lower price since the dealers will be trying to move them hopefully.

All in all I don't see any of this happening till august or so. Wish me luck!

I Support ClubWRX
    Cool, I am glad you have a game plan I hope it works out.
    Keep me updated and let me know when you get your new Subie!
    2005 SPT WRX Wagon
    "Watch out boys, because girls love mods on a WRX too!"
    Blobeye Syndicate Member #009

So yesterday I stopped by my first dealer to do some haggling. The best offer they could give me on a 2011 was around $1,000 over invoice price. They also tried to get me on the 2010 premium they had on the lot. They wouldn't go down to $24,000.00 for the premium so I left and gave them my card.

I'm also working with a few dealers over the phone and got an offer for Invoice + $499 for a 2011. I put together a spreadsheet to track all the offers/deals so far so I can use it to haggle more. Worst comes to worst if the 2010/2011 deals don't work out, I know I can get a 2009 Used w/ 13k miles on it for around 21k.

I'll upload the spreadsheet if anyone wants to look at it later today on my lunch break.

St. Louis Metro East, on the Illinois side, but not the really bad Illinois side, but also not the really good side.
    Welcome to the boards. I have a 2009 Si coupe, but I'm a huge subaru fan. The 09/10 rex's are amazing cars. I've test driven two, but I need to pay more down on my Si first, before I consider another car.

Good luck with your purchase!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.