Looking to buy, need some input.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Looking to buy, need some input. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have long been a fan of the WRX and always wanted to buy one. I have been recently browsing ...

Looking to buy, need some input.

I have long been a fan of the WRX and always wanted to buy one. I have been recently browsing for WRX's on the internet and came accross one, but I have a few questions. The milage is kind of high (135,000) and I was wondering what the life expectancy of the WRX is. I mean if I can push this car to the mid 200,000 then I think I might jump on it. I just really don't know enough about the WRX to make an informed decision about it. It's a 2002 manual and I will make sure to get a carfax with it also. Thank you all in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I dont know how long exactly theyll run for but, i know its a while. They are solid cars. I had an 02 wrx at 101k miles and still drove nice. I think if its the wrx you want you should pick it up for the right price or try to find one with less than 100k miles.

The relability is really on a case by case basis on how well it was maintained and treated... take it to a mechanic and have them look at it, ask if they have a service history documentation, and yes... get the car fax...

There. Are car purchasing fourms up top on how to buy a used subaru, look there and welcome and good luck...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Modified or driven by an younger person, forget it.

Stock and driven by my grandma, I could see that mileage without any major services.

As said, it's pretty case by case.

gluck on your car shopping. let me know how it turns out.

As stated, it depends on how it was driven and maintained, undercarriage rinsed often in winter climates were road salt is used. I would stay away from anything modified other than tires/wheels or CAT back exhaust. Lowered suspension or engine mods my preference is to stay away.

well maintained and driven, these'll last to 300k miles before you need an engine...

and the fun part is, once you need a new engine, you can do fun stuff like ej25 swaps...

Anyway, for (a little) help on a specific car, check out my checklist (in my sig).

I'd say you're definitely going to get useful life out of the car until 200k, if nothing bad is showing up now.
    My big thread: The Used WRX Buying Checklist - Please Contribute!

My current car: 2002 WRB WRX Wagon.
    Mods: GM BCS, Carberry SD rom, uppipe, AEM UEGO, Klunk Killer, F+R shifter bushings, head unit

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.