newbie trying to suceed

This is a discussion on newbie trying to suceed within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ok, heres the deal. im in iraq. i bought a 05 wrx, before i came here. i love my car ...

newbie trying to suceed

ok, heres the deal. im in iraq. i bought a 05 wrx, before i came here. i love my car and i want to put some money into it. i want to out shine my city when it comes to tuners. i have acess to all kinds of tools so instalation wont be too much of a problem for me, concidering i am a mechanic and grew up around mechanics, but i dont know it all.
    ok i been doing alot of research, (alot i tell you, because when you are out here u get bord on your down time) and i want to hook my car up. i need some advise. i bought a greddy uppipe, and am planning on getting the greddy turbo back. i dont know if it has the high flow cat or not. i am also getting a acess port. and i was thinking on new injectors and pump. now should i get all this? what stage is that and can the acess port tune this for me. i wanted more boost to be pushed out of my turbo. what stage is this. what else do i need. i bought a cold air intake too. what size injectors should i get. im getting alot of my parts from rally sport direct, and a few from e bay. i dont want to get too much from e bay because it seems that some parts are better to get new.
    please help, i have guys here that think they are know it alls and try telling me everything.
    i dont have enough for a new turbo, but i been spaceing it out to where im spending 500 -600 bucks every 1st and 15th of the month. i would like the proper stuff but not pay a arm and a leg.
    also with the exhaust. i make 3 hour road trips often and i dont want to go crazy from the exhaust sound, but i like a healthy sounding, intimadating car.
    thank you for any input.
    and whats a schooby?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well, I would say start off by reading those first two links in my signature down below!!

Don't worry about bigger injectors until you get a bigger turbo.

Seriously, read those links...I know you may get bored and just start buying stuff but it would be best to spend that boredom reading those links in my signature before you buy anything else!

Is the car currently stock? Can you list what all you bought so far. It will just make it easier for us to see it all, I was getting kind of confused reading through your post!
    Last edited by lytlec; 06-20-2010 at 05:27 PM.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

welcome... congratz on the subbie...
    As far as the mods go...
    1st up pipe good idea
    2nd turboback exhaust with a stage 2 tune (an access port is good for beginners for tuning)

Don't bother with the injectors and fuel pump unless you plan on upgrading your turbo (no need to).

CAI aren't a good idea on these cars (most require to be tuned for it and can mess with your MAF scaling) unless your running more then 300whp.

BOV are another NO NO with these cars (again must be tuned for) and only for highly modified cars.

I hope this helps...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

reply for my parts

everything is stock. i punctuated everything, but when i posted this all my paragraphs connected. ok. so i purchesed a greddy up pipe, and a turbo timer. but nothing is put on yet. i dont even have a clue how to install the turbo timer.

Quote Originally Posted by bradfaith2 View Post
    everything is stock. i punctuated everything, but when i posted this all my paragraphs connected. ok. so i purchesed a greddy up pipe, and a turbo timer. but nothing is put on yet. i dont even have a clue how to install the turbo timer.
    there's no need for turbo timers on these cars...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Quote Originally Posted by bradfaith2 View Post
    Uppipe is a great mod, especially on your year car. Like all ready stated the Turbo Timer is pointless.

I am running a full turbo back exhaust from Turbo XS on my car and I love it! Sounds great and made very good power once it was tuned!

Cold air intake is bad unless you get it tuned for. Best thing to do is just run stock intake with a high flow filter and remove the silencer so you get the more aggressive turbo spool sounds.
    I use the Turbo XS Short Ram intake with an SPT heat shield with heat radiant/reflective tape on the outside of the heat shield and that has been doing good for me!

A good place to buy used stuff is over on NASIOC...just make sure you do your research before you buy from someone. Check their seller rating and also check to see all the threads they started and look over some posts they made...that can all be done by going to their profile. I have never had bad luck buying from anyone on NASIOC but I make sure to do my research first!
    Last edited by lytlec; 06-20-2010 at 06:03 PM.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

do you think it would be fairly easy to install the uppipe and full exhaust? i mean the up pipe seemslike it would pretty tight fit. should i loosen the turbo a little? and im still somewhat confused on what else i can do for performance. there is alot of acranems. sorry for bein a pest. would it be easier to chat, im on here?

so on your exhaust do you have a high flow cat?

and should i maybe get a boost controler? manual or electric?
    Last edited by bradfaith2; 06-20-2010 at 06:43 PM.