On the fence

This is a discussion on On the fence within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; That's right. On the fence on making the 2011 WRX or STI purchase. The more I read the more I ...

On the fence

That's right. On the fence on making the 2011 WRX or STI purchase. The more I read the more I want to make the move. Now is the wait for the 2011.

What recommendations do you have for me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Drive them both, you may find you like one much more than the other and it may not be the one you'd expect.

Drive other cars in the same price range, it's a lot of money to spend without a good understanding of the market offerings.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

2011 WRX + mods (sport grille for sure) from the money you saved/will continue to be saving from the STi.

...but the STI so sex.

I've never looked at specifics for the 09+s though..

I assume both are great platforms
    Northern Lights Customs

'Helpin' the hood, one can of spraypaint at a time

Bugeye mafia #321!
    XPT Stage II

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the Club!

Short answer: buy whatever you can comfortably and responsibly afford.

Longer answer: what kind of driving do you anticipate doing? If it is mostly daily driver duty get the WRX hands down. If you plan on doing some serious spirited driving or maybe autocross then consider the STi.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I'd personally get off the fence, it's not a really comfortable place to sit.

Hurts the balls.

Get what you can afford...

I went WRX with my '10 because I wanted the features of the Limited edition, would've loved the STI, but for the price I couldn't justify it.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Drive them both, you may find you like one much more than the other and it may not be the one you'd expect.

Drive other cars in the same price range, it's a lot of money to spend without a good understanding of the market offerings.
    I completely agree with this. Define what exactly it is you want from your car, then analyze different makes within your price range against that set of parameters.

It can take a while, but in the end you will really know what you want and what you don't care about and be able to make a better decision.

Also, another thing to consider is since they are making the STi a sedan again, and this is the first time in a few years there is a chance for manufacturing defects. So the 2012's might actually be a good choice since the bugs will have been worked out.

Just my 2c.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome aboard.
    I agree buy what you can afford. If your planing on doing a loan you don't want all your money to go to the car.
    I think the WRX is the better choice more money for mods.
    Also both have the wide body which is very sweet!
    2005 SPT WRX Wagon
    "Watch out boys, because girls love mods on a WRX too!"
    Blobeye Syndicate Member #009