New to forums, new to Subaru
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New to forums, new to Subaru within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Greetings all, I just made the jump into purchasing my first Subaru after much deliberation and painstaking negotiations with the ...

New to forums, new to Subaru

Greetings all,

I just made the jump into purchasing my first Subaru after much deliberation and painstaking negotiations with the dealer. I was very active in my local Honda communities, and drove a S2000 for the past 3 years. I have been eyeballing new WRX/STI's for the past 6 months as my S2k approached the 100k mile marker, and finally bit the bullet.

So, day before yesterday I sat down and argued with a dealer for 5 hours and finally walked away short one s2000, and long a brand spankin new 2010 WRX sedan in the dark grey metallic.

Just wanted to introduce myself, and ask if anyone's familiar with any local groups near Jacksonville, FL for Subie enthusiasts. I'm looking forward to learning more about the car and its vast capabilities.

Thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome aboard! There are a lot of honda converts on here.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533787

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/2135638-post2.html

Are two excellent links. They relate most of your common mods to imprezas. The cars are strange, and react differently than most cars to standard mods. If you do your reading, and find a good engine management route, you should really love your new wheels.

Post pics already, jeez
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello and welcome to the Club!

5 hours? That was about 4 hours too long imo ...

As you already know the WRX a completely different beast. The first thing you had to notice is you finally have torque down low.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by nc2010wrx View Post
    Greetings all,

I just made the jump into purchasing my first Subaru after much deliberation and painstaking negotiations with the dealer. I was very active in my local Honda communities, and drove a S2000 for the past 3 years. I have been eyeballing new WRX/STI's for the past 6 months as my S2k approached the 100k mile marker, and finally bit the bullet.

So, day before yesterday I sat down and argued with a dealer for 5 hours and finally walked away short one s2000, and long a brand spankin new 2010 WRX sedan in the dark grey metallic.

Just wanted to introduce myself, and ask if anyone's familiar with any local groups near Jacksonville, FL for Subie enthusiasts. I'm looking forward to learning more about the car and its vast capabilities.

Thanks in advance!
    Nice to meet you! I got my 2010 WRX sedan about 3 weeks ago. Its pearl white but I really wanted the color you got! Congrats!

Yeah, it was a bit excessive. had the deal locked down in about 3 (they were being pains about honoring trade in value on the S2k, interest rate on the website, etc.) the other two hours they were detailing the car and i was filling out gobs of paperwork. i do get all of my aftermarket s2000 parts back, so thats some nice $ in the pocket when i get the chance to sell it.

As for pics, it's been raining here the past day so I havent had the chance!

The power increase over the s2000 is definitely nice, but i'm trying to go easy on it over the next thousand miles or so. I've been reading up on a lot of different "break in" discussions.

Anyone recommend a good roof rack? looking to be able to haul my kayak around on top! =)

as to other mods... i'm assuming most anything will "void the warranty" so i'll probably hold off for the time being. ive read that you can get them to honor the warranty still even if you've got AM parts, assuming they werent the cause of the problem (same thing for my 06 civic SI warranty) but I never really had faith in that claim.

Yeah, it was a bit excessive. had the deal locked down in about 3 (they were being pains about honoring trade in value on the S2k, interest rate on the website, etc.) the other two hours they were detailing the car and i was filling out gobs of paperwork. i do get all of my aftermarket s2000 parts back, so thats some nice $ in the pocket when i get the chance to sell it.

As for pics, it's been raining here the past day so I havent had the chance!

The power increase over the s2000 is definitely nice, but i'm trying to go easy on it over the next thousand miles or so. I've been reading up on a lot of different "break in" discussions.

Anyone recommend a good roof rack? looking to be able to haul my kayak around on top! =)

as to other mods... i'm assuming most anything will "void the warranty" so i'll probably hold off for the time being. ive read that you can get them to honor the warranty still even if you've got AM parts, assuming they werent the cause of the problem (same thing for my 06 civic SI warranty) but I never really had faith in that claim.
    Go with exhaust. It won't void the warranty. With a good exhaust system (I'm looking into Perrin) you can get your hp up to about 310 and your torque near 300 ft lb.

40hp/tq gains from an exhaust!?!?! god... the s2k barely got 8-10 out of a nice header back....

Well the WRX is a much different beast

Gotta love the car you can go out and get groceries with and drop the kids off at soccer practice one day, then go power through the mountains the next.

I Support ClubWRX
    40hp/tq gains from an exhaust!?!?!
    ... with engine management. Scary fun!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.