Make it happen... - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Make it happen... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex nice... that would be fun, I've always wanted to drive and wheel a humvee... that would ...

Quote Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex View Post
    nice... that would be fun, I've always wanted to drive and wheel a humvee... that would be sweet...
    Trust me its more fun then you think, because its not yours and you don't have to pay to fix it.
    I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee

Blobeye Syndicate Member #72

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Ventura'sWRX View Post
    Trust me its more fun then you think, because its not yours and you don't have to pay to fix it.
    yeah I bet... Those things will go through pretty much anything...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

I dont think anyone NEEDS to have a wrx...
    When I NEEDED to get a car (messed up parents) i bought a cheap toyota from an auto auction... yet the wrx is what i have always wanted... so i dont see why it would be bad (if you can budget it) to get a car like this.. yes we are younger and arent thinking about retirement right now... we are thinking about starting out... so why is it so bad that we want to start off with a car that we have always wanted? to me.. it was like a final accomplishment... wanting a wrx for 10 years then finally getting it.. it made me feel like I could really accomplish my goals...

i know that sounds kind of like "miss america pagent" material.. but seriously.. live life how you want it... dont prepare 100% for life later on... i'm not saying dont prepare at all... but be right in between... dont blow all your money you ever make for a dumb reason... but also, dont put everything into one "piggy bank" and not enjoy the present!
    '88 Sub Justy *Rock in oil pan killed on freeway
    '87 Honda Civic *Bad pistons (to lazy to fix)
    '85 Nissan 200sx *Blown engine drifting
    '00 Sub Outback *Mother literally stole
    '92 Toyota Tercel *Hated it
    '02 WRX '07 kawasaki ninja. * current

Drews, I'm sure you are a respected member here and I don't want to come across as an douche in anyway. I agree with your idea of investing rather than just spending money on useless things, and my Dad has been teaching that to me for years. I think of this car as a bit of an investment. I got a really good buyout price at the end of my lease, well under what the car will be worth, so I can sell it and make back close to a year's worth of payments. My Dad did have to cosign with me on the lease, and we dealed hard and made sure that I could easily get out of the lease if I did need bit off more than I can chew and need more money for school or travel. And people underestimate the amount of work that is involved with farming, but I don't want to make any comments without knowing your line of work.

Once again, I'm sorry if I came across as hostile. Don't want to start out the wrong way here.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingMoose View Post
    Drews, I'm sure you are a respected member here and I don't want to come across as an douche in anyway. I agree with your idea of investing rather than just spending money on useless things, and my Dad has been teaching that to me for years. I think of this car as a bit of an investment. I got a really good buyout price at the end of my lease, well under what the car will be worth, so I can sell it and make back close to a year's worth of payments. My Dad did have to cosign with me on the lease, and we dealed hard and made sure that I could easily get out of the lease if I did need bit off more than I can chew and need more money for school or travel. And people underestimate the amount of work that is involved with farming, but I don't want to make any comments without knowing your line of work.

Once again, I'm sorry if I came across as hostile. Don't want to start out the wrong way here.
    I spent my summers working on a farm. And anything you put a load of money into is an investment. But with automobiles you don't get a return. You LOSE money no matter what. All the money you put into tires, maintenance, gas, insurance...all that money you don't get back. Even when you go to sell the car you're more than likely going to be in the negative.

Quote Originally Posted by d_Ziggy_2000 View Post
    I dont think anyone NEEDS to have a wrx...
    When I NEEDED to get a car (messed up parents) i bought a cheap toyota from an auto auction... yet the wrx is what i have always wanted... so i dont see why it would be bad (if you can budget it) to get a car like this.. yes we are younger and arent thinking about retirement right now... we are thinking about starting out... so why is it so bad that we want to start off with a car that we have always wanted? to me.. it was like a final accomplishment... wanting a wrx for 10 years then finally getting it.. it made me feel like I could really accomplish my goals...

i know that sounds kind of like "miss america pagent" material.. but seriously.. live life how you want it... dont prepare 100% for life later on... i'm not saying dont prepare at all... but be right in between... dont blow all your money you ever make for a dumb reason... but also, dont put everything into one "piggy bank" and not enjoy the present!
    Absolutely. Most of the time no one NEEDS the car they choose. But if you can afford what you want then why not get it? My priorities are a bit different. I'd much rather travel and go to schoo, learn about different parts of the world, pick up a book, or just learn something new. Do I NEED my WRX? Absolutely not. But I'll be set for retirement. I still get to travel. Luckily I have a career choice that allows me to do all of the things I've mentioned.

There is a great big world out there go explore. I read an article that was a list of 20 things a grown man shouldnt have. One of which was an unstamped passport. Instead of using that money to buy a car, travel the world. You'll be a better person because of it. Like I said, my priorities are different and most people don't understand that, but I also think that's the problem with most Americans...but thats a different discussion.

In response to the posts on here, yes no one NEEDS a WRX, but what does anyone really need besides food, shelter and water, right? Life is short, enjoy it..and spend money on what makes you happy!
    "THERE YOU ARE!" "Do I know you?" "NO, but there you are!"

Well I have chile.. jamaica.. grand caymens.. mexico.. nassau (bahamas) all on my passport.. so I'm already into traveling =)
    '88 Sub Justy *Rock in oil pan killed on freeway
    '87 Honda Civic *Bad pistons (to lazy to fix)
    '85 Nissan 200sx *Blown engine drifting
    '00 Sub Outback *Mother literally stole
    '92 Toyota Tercel *Hated it
    '02 WRX '07 kawasaki ninja. * current

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.