Make it happen... - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Make it happen... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by FlyingMoose And also, all the women love my subaru You clearly need an Astro van....

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingMoose View Post
    And also, all the women love my subaru

You clearly need an Astro van.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    You can make the money back
    I hope you don't mean you can make the money back off the car.

And how do you crazy kids afford these cars. I'll never understand it.

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Wow, people, you should not be spending a major percentage of money for your car every month. If you're exceeding 25-30% of your monthly earnings just paying for a vehicle, you should not be purchasing it.

Trust me on this, I learned the hard way. I'm able to afford it and then some now, but when I bought it things were different and it got me into trouble. Be patient.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Haha well i was able to save for a while to buy it.. haha
    and just an update.. just got confirmation of a tracking number for my new catback exhaust! woo! coming from sacremento! should be here early next week!!!
    '88 Sub Justy *Rock in oil pan killed on freeway
    '87 Honda Civic *Bad pistons (to lazy to fix)
    '85 Nissan 200sx *Blown engine drifting
    '00 Sub Outback *Mother literally stole
    '92 Toyota Tercel *Hated it
    '02 WRX '07 kawasaki ninja. * current

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by d_Ziggy_2000 View Post
    Haha well i was able to save for a while to buy it.. haha
    and just an update.. just got confirmation of a tracking number for my new catback exhaust! woo! coming from sacremento! should be here early next week!!!
    I think the point he was trying to make is that even if you save 6800 bucks to buy the car outright you're still spending a lot of money. Granted not as much as those of us making car payments, but you still have to pay for maintenance and upgrades. I personally prefer the vehicle that only costs 500 bucks and you don't ever have to change the oil because it all leaks out after 3000 miles of driving. You're in a better position than most because you actually OWN your car. But for an 18 yr old kid to buy a a 2010 is just absurd. Putting that money towards college or a retirement fund would be much more beneficial to them...Unfortunately for youngsters their parents don't teach them those things

Actually I've been working on the farm and making money for the last 9 years so I think I'm in a pretty good position to pay off this car. I know it sounds ridiculous, but I've done my research. It's on lease for now, and I put down a good down payment and have easily affordable monthly payments with the option of a cheap buyout. I've worked hard for this car and I think I deserve it and I don't think you are in a position to be making assumptions about it. And don't be talking about my parents. They presented those idea's to me and were very supportive of my decision either way.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Actually I've been working on the farm and making money for the last 9 years so I think I'm in a pretty good position to pay off this car. I know it sounds ridiculous, but I've done my research. It's on lease for now, and I put down a good down payment and have easily affordable monthly payments with the option of a cheap buyout. I've worked hard for this car and I think I deserve it and I don't think you are in a position to be making assumptions about it. And don't be talking about my parents. They presented those idea's to me and were very supportive of my decision either way.
    Alright there hot head. Did I say you didn't deserve that car? Did I say that you made a BAD choice? I don't think so. YOU think you've worked hard and deserve that vehicle and that's pretty much what it comes down to. But take a person in my position. Whatever it is that you do on a farm is laughably easy compared to some of the hardships that me and my coworkers endure. My career was my choice and I love what I do, so don't take what I say as complaining. But there are much better things you could put $20k+ into that a depreciating asset. Ever since I started making money you know what my dad told me to do? Buy land and invest. If you start now you'll set yourself up for success in the future. If your parents don't advise you for anything to set you up for success in the future, they're wrong.

I finally took the plunge about two weeks ago on a 2010 WRX and I have absolutely no regrets. I'm only 18, but the WRX has been my dream car for years and I've been working on the farm and saved up enough to get one. I was very hesitant to actually buy the car when I realized I had the money and a good deal, but I'm soooo glad I did. You can make the money back, plus you'll be proud of your car.

And also, all the women love my subaru
    how does an 18 year old qualify for a 28k+ loan? my guess is cosigned for...
    unless you paid cash for it or a large down payment towards it then that's good... If not then you really shouldn't put that kind of financial pressure on yourself cause eventually you'll want to move out on your own and not be able to afford to... I've been in that situation and it suck it makes you feel like your working for nothing...
    Last edited by 06scoobyrex; 06-18-2010 at 10:19 PM.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Quote Originally Posted by Heide264 View Post

You clearly need an Astro van.
    I would not wish a Astro van on my worst enemy, and nobody needs one.
    I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee

Blobeye Syndicate Member #72

Quote Originally Posted by Ventura'sWRX View Post
    those ******* vans are the ****!!!!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    I learned to drive on one. I hated it.

Quote Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex View Post
    those ******* vans are the ****!!!!
    Only for sex, its like driving a refrigerator with wheels. I had one, and could not wait to trade it in and get my WRX.
    I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee

Only for sex, its like driving a refrigerator with wheels. I had one, and could not wait to trade it in and get my WRX.
    Yeah I know... I work at a rental car agency and we used to take those things on the dirt road outside the airport and get going about 50mph and launch them off jumps and we would hit **** like dumpsters with them...:it was a ****ing riot!!!!rotfl:
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801

Quote Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex View Post
    Yeah I know... I work at a rental car agency and we used to take those things on the dirt road outside the airport and get going about 50mph and launch them off jumps and we would hit **** like dumpsters with them...:it was a ****ing riot!!!!rotfl:
    Use to do the same thing with Army humvee's.
    Bruce Lee

Use to do the same thing with Army humvee's.
    nice... that would be fun, I've always wanted to drive and wheel a humvee... that would be sweet...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.