MY 2002 Carbon Fiber bugeye - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on MY 2002 Carbon Fiber bugeye within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I dont see why people say paint it. Its your personal preference. I think the cf looks bad ass!!! Do ...

I dont see why people say paint it. Its your personal preference. I think the cf looks bad ass!!! Do whatever you think is best but i think painting it would be kinda dumb covering the already SICK looking cf would be heart breaking!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TuckerC View Post
    I dont see why people say paint it.
    Unpainted panels look kitsch at best, and the more common the car, the worse they look -- the Impreza is a mass produced Japanese car.

Do whatever you think is best but i think painting it would be kinda dumb covering the already SICK looking cf would be heart breaking!
    Kitsch doesn't just affect one of us. Every time taste is lost, a little bit of our civilisation is lost with it.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    I think SGM with a CF racing stripe would look incredible
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Unpainted panels look kitsch at best, and the more common the car, the worse they look -- the Impreza is a mass produced Japanese car.

Kitsch doesn't just affect one of us. Every time taste is lost, a little bit of our civilisation is lost with it.
    Who gives a **** if she likes the look of the unpainted cf! Its not gonna make people look down on subies. Honestly it wont matter if she leaves it the way it is or not its still gonna look better than your car so get over it

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Who gives a **** if she likes the look of the unpainted cf! Its not gonna make people look down on subies. Honestly it wont matter if she leaves it the way it is or not its still gonna look better than your car so get over it
    whoa chill with the personal attacks.
    Last edited by zax; 07-21-2010 at 12:33 PM.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    whoa chill with the personal attacks.
    And his arent personal? Telling this girl her car looks tacky. If he is gonna say stuff like that dont post. Its dumb ****s like that that make people not want to show what they got cause they will get burned by stupid comments

I Support ClubWRX
    I suggest you stay off the swear filter.

My posts have not contained personal insults; these are not permitted. Your initial response, saying one car looks better than another (mine), also did not contain personal insults. However your second post does (I think; I can't read the ***s word due to the swear filter -- but that should not be used outside of Off Topic and only sparingly in Off Topic anyway).

Asking for opinions will generate opinions. One thing you are absolutely correct about though is that I don't have to like another car, and you don't have to like mine.
    Last edited by SD_GR; 07-21-2010 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Last sentence not posted.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    I suggest you stay off the swear filter.

My posts have not contained personal insults; these are not permitted. Your initial response, saying one car looks better than another (mine), also did not contain personal insults. However your second post does (I think; I can't read the ***s word due to the swear filter -- but that should not be used outside of Off Topic and only sparingly in Off Topic anyway).

Asking for opinions will generate opinions. One thing you are absolutely correct about though is that I don't have to like another car, and you don't have to like mine.
    Whats it matter if i swear or not its filtered for a reason. {EDITED} thanks have a good day
    Last edited by SD_GR; 07-21-2010 at 12:57 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    It matters because there are rules for the fora, and it matters because the thread is at the point of not being civil any more.

In any case I'm letting this be, with apologies to the OP for derailing the thread.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    I think SGM with a CF racing stripe would look incredible
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    ok folks everyone relax take a chill pill or something.

thanks

and note the FAQ's and Rules
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/faq.php

afore i start slapping u 'all

thanks
    Last edited by Weasel 555; 07-21-2010 at 01:12 PM.
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Personally...I love the look of CF. I think that car looks great!

Though as Kevin said, I something like painting with a lot of taped off or CF racing stripes would be badass too!

Obviously OP bought the car because she liked something about the looks of it as is.

Nowhere did SD say it was tacky...he just provided an opinion, as did the rest of anyone else who agreed to liking it, or disagreed. Some people crack me up

The LW flywheel and Ti exhaust could drop some more weight. But there certainly isn't much else you could do to that car given the large list it has!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post

Nowhere did SD say it was tacky
    thats the meaning of the word kitsch

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    ****THE FOLLOWING POST IS NOT ABOUT THE OP'S CAR. IT'S SPEAKING IN GENERAL****

I, an 8 yr modified Subaru veteran, look down on Subarus because of the junk that the current generation of owners put on or do to their Subarus. Since 2006 there has been a massive influx of ricers in the Subaru community. When someone does something tacky (again, I'm speaking in general, not about the OP), it does look bad on Subaru owners. Subarus are now the new VW-Honda. Any old timer can tell you this. This is why I'm so harsh at times on NASIOC against certain trends (and to a lesser extent on here), because many of the "koo kid" mods people want make us look bad to everyone else.

And his arent personal? Telling this girl her car looks tacky. If he is gonna say stuff like that dont post. Its dumb ****s like that that make people not want to show what they got cause they will get burned by stupid comments
    Some people SHOULDN'T show their cars.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    this whole thread is turning into a big steaming pile of meh

seriously, this will go nowhere fast. People seem to either love the look of CF or think it's ricey -- there's no in between. I, personally would paint the CF, but I guess I'm on that side of the Iron Curtain.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast