Lowering 02 wrx. Which spring is front/rear?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Lowering 02 wrx. Which spring is front/rear? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So i ordered the TOKICO suspension kit and they sent me the box with everything thrown in...Im use to cobalt ...

Lowering 02 wrx. Which spring is front/rear?

So i ordered the TOKICO suspension kit and they sent me the box with everything thrown in...Im use to cobalt springs which are 2 completely different types but the subys seem to be almost the same. Which one is the front and which one is the back? Thanks guys!

2009 White Cobalt SS Coupe Turbocharged
    1 of 118 White Cobalt SS Turbo Coupes Ever Produced!
    Dyno: 293WHP 334WTQ SMG HPTuned!

GF's Car - 2002 Subaru WRX (Stock..for now)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The longer, thinner one is for the rear.

Quote Originally Posted by Uh Oh View Post
    The longer, thinner one is for the rear.
    the one with more coils? are you 100%?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MkUlrey13 View Post
    the one with more coils? are you 100%?
    It won't matter, as the springs you remove will be analogous.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    It won't matter, as the springs you remove will be analogous.
    My front and rear stock springs are exactly the same.. Thus why im asking. On cobalts they are completely different and cannot me used vice versa where these seem to fit eitherway.

If you're stock ones are identical front to back...are you sure you've received the proper springs for your car?

If those are correct, yes, the one with more coils is for the rear.

Yes i recieved the correct springs for a 02-03 wrx 4dr not a wagon. I will proceed with installing them with the more coiled one in the rear. Thanks guys!

I Support ClubWRX
    This thread contains pics of the stock items. They should be analogous to what you are installing so you should be able to tell front from rear:
    http://www.iwsti.com/forums/how-inst...l-springs.html
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    LOL if you do it wrong the rear end will be pretty close to dragging muffler..

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I Support ClubWRX
    The only way I can think of for the front and rears to look similar is if the previous owner had switched to a coil setup or something -- the stock items are quite different, and so are all the conventional aftermarket replacements I've seen.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.