Considering a 2010 WRX hatch - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Considering a 2010 WRX hatch within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by kpSTi Anyway, if you plan on modifying your WRX you will most likely get an AccessPort, which ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by kpSTi
    Anyway, if you plan on modifying your WRX you will most likely get an AccessPort, which you can program an economy mode which gets about 29, 30 MPG. I've done it along with a lot of other people. You can do on-the-fly map changes to your WRX.
    I hate the fact that people talk about the economy map. If you want better gas mileage, learn to use the throttle accordingly.

EDIT: BTW, are you saying the stock '09 WRX is slower than a stock Mercury Marauder? If so, you need to lay off the drugs. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by merc
    500 rwhp turbo charged 03 Mercury Marauder
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

slightly off topic, but I still think Ford made a huge mistake not bringing the RS focus to the US. The svt is a good looking car, but the rs is just badass.

neither are awd though, and that really is the topper for me. Nothing beats traction when it comes to having a bit of spirited fun.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    I hate the fact that people talk about the economy map. If you want better gas mileage, learn to use the throttle accordingly.

What the economy map does do, however, is make you more of a hazard on the road. If you needed to accelerate quickly at any point, you wouldn't be able to.

I would never flash an economy map on my car.

1. You can change the map at any time (If you want to go faster).
    2. Combined throttle modulation and the economy map will give you truly better MPG.
    3. It makes you a road hazard?

The OP was asking for honest helpful opinions. Not ones. lol
    '08 WRX SSM
    Mods:
    Engine- COBB AP, stage 2 Perrin map and intake, SPT CB exhaust and Invidia catted DP.
    Suspension- SSR Type-F 18x8 +45 offset, Rallitek F/R swaybars and HD endlinks, H&R springs, camber bolts and Cusco front strut tower bar.
    Exterior/Interior- '09 WRX grill, Factory Front lip, Fog lights, STi 5 speed shift knob, Armrest extension, painted rear chrome strip and debadged trunk.

Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    slightly off topic, but I still think Ford made a huge mistake not bringing the RS focus to the US. The svt is a good looking car, but the rs is just badass.

neither are awd though, and that really is the topper for me. Nothing beats traction when it comes to having a bit of spirited fun.
    I totally agree with you. I would love an RS. Hopefully some day there will be a true RS thats is all-wheel drive and available here.
    '08 WRX SSM
    Mods:
    Engine- COBB AP, stage 2 Perrin map and intake, SPT CB exhaust and Invidia catted DP.
    Suspension- SSR Type-F 18x8 +45 offset, Rallitek F/R swaybars and HD endlinks, H&R springs, camber bolts and Cusco front strut tower bar.
    Exterior/Interior- '09 WRX grill, Factory Front lip, Fog lights, STi 5 speed shift knob, Armrest extension, painted rear chrome strip and debadged trunk.

I Support ClubWRX
    1. You can change the map at any time (If you want to go faster).
    2. Combined throttle modulation and the economy map will give you truly better MPG.
    3. It makes you a road hazard?
    I go into more detail here:
    Cobb (and any other) "Economy" Map Rant

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    I go into more detail here:
    Cobb (and any other) "Economy" Map Rant
    I totally agree with you, but as I said, "2. Combined throttle modulation and the economy map will give you truly better MPG."

It's a fact, but you go about your rant if it makes you feel better.
    '08 WRX SSM
    Mods:

I Support ClubWRX
    I totally agree with you, but as I said, "2. Combined throttle modulation and the economy map will give you truly better MPG."

It's a fact, but you go about your rant if it makes you feel better.
    Explain what makes it a "fact" other than the fact that you believe it to be true. I don't have an AccessPORT, so I don't have access to the economy maps. Post up differences in the ROMs that will support your claim.

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by merc View Post
    What are your opinions as a DD?
    What can you get 'normal' driving for MPG?
    What can you get on long highway cruises at 80?
    I can answer 3 of those easily.

I love my 09 as a daily driver. In fact, most days I take the long way home, just to hit the back roads a bit more.

As of the last fill-up, I've averaged 23.65 mpg since I bought it new. That includes every mile from 40mph highway construction zones to auto-crosses and other full-throttle events.

Last summer, on the way to the beach, I got 27.75 mpg on full highway, usually between 75-85 mph.

Hope that helps...
    Stink-Eye Mob #666

2009 WRX Sedan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12