New to Club WRX. Fayetteville, NC - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on New to Club WRX. Fayetteville, NC within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by mycologist I don't think we are hijacking since it is all pertinent to the OP's setup plans. ...

Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    I don't think we are hijacking since it is all pertinent to the OP's setup plans.

The problem with external sensors and logging is that you really want them to be synchronized with the rest of what you are looking at for tuning purposes. Romraider logger will integrate a couple of types of widebands as external sensors but that is all.
    Not a hijack at all, I'm loving the input. I'm already using the cobb accessport for tuning, and it's what my tuner prefers, so I'm not sure about integration of the AP with sensors like that, and havent seen much about it anywhere online. THis is actually more info than I've seen anywhere else when it comes to that issue. Everything else should be relatively easy.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    Yeah, the problem isn't with accuracy in the logger or the quality of what the ECU reports. The only caveat is if you are logging a bunch of stuff the lag between data points can be an issue (especially with 16 bit ECUs). The old style OEM O2 sensor was worthless at WOT and the new one isn't worthwhile either I don't think. There also isn't any good EGT sensor. For boost most people consider what the ECU reports to be the best source.
    32 bit ecu

I Support ClubWRX
    Well I'd go with what your tuner says, he's the one pushing buttons that control your snail and pistons

I've always wanted to incorporate one, but it's to the point I'd need to make a list of what I want to do with it. I'm sure there are a ton of people around here with suggestions. You will have to make a post sometime when you get around to the carputer part and post what all you want to accomplish with it and how it goes.

Mycologist was just saying it is more of an issue with the 16 bit... the 32s don't have as much of an issue with it.

Good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

Quote Originally Posted by Heide264 View Post
    Well I'd go with what your tuner says, he's the one pushing buttons that control your snail and pistons

I've always wanted to incorporate one, but it's to the point I'd need to make a list of what I want to do with it. I'm sure there are a ton of people around here with suggestions. You will have to make a post sometime when you get around to the carputer part and post what all you want to accomplish with it and how it goes.

Mycologist was just saying it is more of an issue with the 16 bit... the 32s don't have as much of an issue with it.

Good luck
    Yeah, I'll probably make a how to indepth. Apparently I got a real good tuner, and the high number of subies in the area that go to him were a good sign.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12