New in Knoxville
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New in Knoxville within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi All - I purchased a 2010 5 door about 2 weeks ago. After test driving a few other performance ...

New in Knoxville

Hi All - I purchased a 2010 5 door about 2 weeks ago. After test driving a few other performance hatchbacks I just kept coming back to the WRX. The car was a demo unit being driven by a manager who supposedly already did the cobb stage 1 flash on it. Is there a way to see if that's true without buying an accessport? Could a shop tell me?

My 2 previous cars were a Mazda RX8 and Jeep TJ, so while I'm not a total newb to modding and getting my knuckles scraped, I'm totally new to AWD and Turbos.

The car came with the premium sound system, under seat amp and media hub. I really hate the way interface the system has with an iPod. It's just easier to browse on my ipod, start an album, then plug it in rather then dealing with the unlabeled buttons. The first thing I want to do is upgrade the HU.

I've read through a bunch of threads already. I know that as long as I keep the subaru adapter I can use the amp with the T connector. Does someone make a connector that will just let me plug the amp into regular pre-amp outputs of a HU? Also, what could I expect to get if I sell the stock HU and media hub?

Thanks in advanced.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the hobby.

Good news, the head unit is supposedly very easy to swap out =).

Bad news, if it was a cobb stage 1 flash, it is gone now unless the car has the accessport in it. In order to take the thing out, you need to revert the tune back to stock to "unmarry" it. You can only have the cobb on one car at a time basically. So the tune is probably gone unless it wasn't a cobb accessport flash.

If you post up some pictures of those adapters I'm sure you'll get some more help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.