New kid on the block
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New kid on the block within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guy (and girls if your out there) I'm new to the forum and new to the world of wrx/sti. ...

Registered User Tattooed11Bravo's Avatar

New kid on the block

Hey guy (and girls if your out there) I'm new to the forum and new to the world of wrx/sti. I have grown up building street rods, hot rods, rat rods and cars like that. But I have recnetly gotten interested in WRX/STI I currently have an 03 G35 and I am hoping to trade it in for a 07 WRX TR. I'm not looking to go to crazy right off the bat, but I was wondering if I could get some input on what are some of the best mods to do to a bone stock vehicle. Thanks for checking out my post. Take care

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello, welcome!
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Thanks

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome! I know this isn't an amazing answer but read the stickies. Subarus are a finicky breed, if done wrong things go bad in a hurry!

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Yeah, a friend of mine had one and he put the COBB tuner in it and he had pushed the wrong buttons i guess. Needless to say he traded it in 6 days later.

That's why I'm just kinda reaching out there and doing research before i go crazy with anything.

But thanks for the reply.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Tattooed11Bravo View Post
    Yeah, a friend of mine had one and he put the COBB tuner in it and he had pushed the wrong buttons i guess. Needless to say he traded it in 6 days later.

That's why I'm just kinda reaching out there and doing research before i go crazy with anything.

But thanks for the reply.
    Hhmm.. Pushed the wrong buttons.. Well.. Alright.. Cobb is a decent way to go but it depends on your wants for the vehicle. More and more people are doing open source tuning. It's best to locate an approved tuner in your area and speak with him about
    your goals

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    Hhmm.. Pushed the wrong buttons.. Well.. Alright.. Cobb is a decent way to go but it depends on your wants for the vehicle. More and more people are doing open source tuning. It's best to locate an approved tuner in your area and speak with him about
    your goals
    +1, opensource is very good , but not much for if you want to change up maps tho , you should def find a tuner , thats what i did and they sent me in the right direction

Thanks guys. Yeah I have been researching dinos and tuners on the island when I get free second. I need to start looking harder and figure out prices.

Welcome...
    is your G35 a coupe? post pictures if you will...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Some pics as requested of the G35
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PB280128.jpg   PB280135.jpg   PB280137.jpg  

Nice G....
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

where are you living/ stationed at currently? maybe i can ask a few people around here if your close

I'm in Hawaii on Oahu. Im stationed at Schofield Barracks. That would be awesome if you knew some hook ups. Like I said in my opening I've build Rat rods so that pretty much the only kind of builders I know. I have a few buddy's that build imports but they don't own any shops. Keep me posted and thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Tattooed11Bravo View Post
    I'm in Hawaii on Oahu. Im stationed at Schofield Barracks. That would be awesome if you knew some hook ups. Like I said in my opening I've build Rat rods so that pretty much the only kind of builders I know. I have a few buddy's that build imports but they don't own any shops. Keep me posted and thanks for the help.
    dam im currently in illinois, and headed to VA lol, i dont know of much in hawaii but i know the shop i have my car done has done stuff for people and then sent it to their locations, ill try see whats up when i get to va too if they know anything

Rad. Thanks bro. Any help is always welcome.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast