Insurance Help?!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Insurance Help?! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok guys, so i have been saving my money for the last year and a half for a wrx, possibly ...

Insurance Help?!

Ok guys, so i have been saving my money for the last year and a half for a wrx, possibly an sti, and im getting close to how much i need, but i had my dad check on insurance today and for the 05 and 06 sti its about $481 a month! I almost cried...

I have seen people talking about prices lower than this, even in the hundred dollar range, id be happy if i could find coverage for around 300, any suggestions? Even for an 06 legacy wagon it was $335, so i think it may be the company that my parents have coverage through. I am 17 years old, over a year of clean driving and no tickets, and obviously my age has something to do with it, but im just curious where you guys have found the cheapest coverage, and have been happy with the company, or have any other advice or tricks to get a lower price! Thanks
    Last edited by NewKid5; 06-14-2010 at 06:04 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Your best bet for insurance is probably a hawkeye wrx wagon.

Otherwise, we're in the same boat - the insurance companies really don't like male teenagers in fast cars with a huge history of dumb drivers.
    My big thread: The Used WRX Buying Checklist - Please Contribute!

My current car: 2002 WRB WRX Wagon.
    Mods: GM BCS, Carberry SD rom, uppipe, AEM UEGO, Klunk Killer, F+R shifter bushings, head unit

if your younger than 21 (like I am) and you have to pay for it yourself. i would call state farm. i was quoted about 350-400 everywhere, and it was 165 at state farm, for a 2006 wrx limited... fyi STI would be twice that
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Infinity

I Support ClubWRX
    State Farm or farmers. I didn't buy my STi til I was 22 owned a home and was married but I only paid 73 per month for the STi

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

i pay 143 for 2 car 06 wrx and 04 montero sport through geiko... im married, own a house, full time student, and 24 years old... when i was 16 i had a 94 chevy camaro z28 and paid 265 a month.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Any STI is one of the most if not the most highest car to insure period. The WRX is less but still really high. Combination of young male drivers, fast car equal crashes and high insurance. I am 51 with perfect driving record and have a 2010 WRX and pay 1000 per year for it which I consider expensive. Most other cars I have owned ranged from 500-800 for equivalent full coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by NewKid5 View Post
    Ok guys, so i have been saving my money for the last year and a half for a wrx, possibly an sti, and im getting close to how much i need, but i had my dad check on insurance today and for the 05 and 06 sti its about $481 a month! I almost cried...

I have seen people talking about prices lower than this, even in the hundred dollar range, id be happy if i could find coverage for around 300, any suggestions? Even for an 06 legacy wagon it was $335, so i think it may be the company that my parents have coverage through. I am 17 years old, over a year of clean driving and no tickets, and obviously my age has something to do with it, but im just curious where you guys have found the cheapest coverage, and have been happy with the company, or have any other advice or tricks to get a lower price! Thanks
    It's that much under your dads? That's pretty crazy! I'm twenty years old with a 07 wrx under my Dad's and I pay 86 a month. That's through AAA. As far as tricks, I haven't found a way to trick an insurance company due to the fact most base everything off of the vin number. So, you can either A) take a defensive driving course which will most likely lower it a little bit B) Wait until you're 25! Haha I know that one doesn't help at all, but its true. Whatever ends up happening, keep your driving record clean! I can't stress that enough. I didn't and man did I pay for it. Best of luck! Feel free to ask any questions.

Being 23, no speeding tickets, 1 un-insured motorist accident (**** that guy), college graduate with a career USAA quoted me a monthly payment of only $100 a month.

And seeing as how I'm getting married in July, it should drop further with that, seeing as how I'll, "be more responsible."

When I first looked into buying a WRX in highschool though, I got quoted 300+ a month It's age discrimination!!

If you qualify, you cannot beat USAA insurance for cost or service.

when other insurance carriers call me i just say I have USAA and they thank me for my time.

idk if this will help u but i was 16 when i got my bugeye and ive paid 110 a month since.
    bugeye mafia #232
    World Rally Blue 2002 WRX Stage 2 290 awhp
    my mods

Have your dad put the car in his name, and insure the car in his name. Sti + young kid = super high insurance. I have progressive, an 06 wrx tr, an accident, a ticket and full coverage. I pay $190/ month then $120/ month when the accident drops off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferno View Post
    You're in highschool and you've managed to save up 20 grand within the past year and a half how exactly?
    He could be a freelance programmer like I am...

...or he could be dealing drugs on the side

Funny story: the other day a kid asked me to buy him cigarettes - even though I'm two years from being old enough (I look older, and I drove there)... next time I'll take his money and leave..

just keep trolling for that

Mods: GM BCS, Carberry SD rom, uppipe, AEM UEGO, Klunk Killer, F+R shifter bushings, head unit

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by JT58 View Post
    Any STI is one of the most if not the most highest car to insure period.
    I'm willing to be a Lambo or Ferrari would be more.

To the OP, you're screwed...if you're putting insurnace in your name the best bet is to get a cheaper car. Or put your car on your parents policy and have them add you as a driver.

Either way when you start your own policy you're going to be paying high dollar for it either way but it should be significantly lower if you're on your parents for a while.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by poly_poly-man View Post
    He could be a freelance programmer like I am...

...or he could be dealing drugs on the side

Funny story: the other day a kid asked me to buy him cigarettes - even though I'm two years from being old enough (I look older, and I drove there)... next time I'll take his money and leave..

just keep trolling for that
    Programmers don't make that much money.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Programmers don't make that much money.
    very soon I'm going to be paying for an 02/03 with earnings on one project - of course the project did take 6 months...

yeah, OP, how did you get so much in so little time?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.