Looking for a WRX or STi - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Looking for a WRX or STi within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; When ya start swapping turbos, keep a spare stash of money around... especially if its a daily driver. A lot ...

I Support ClubWRX
    When ya start swapping turbos, keep a spare stash of money around... especially if its a daily driver. A lot of people say if you do a turbo swap you should have enough cash on hand to replace the short block if needed. Of course, depends on the driving habits.

No offense to your wife at all, but this is one of those cars that might be valuable to understand HOW it works under the hood... just not IF it works. Especially if you start pushing it power wise.

I'd look into a "stage 2" tune - turbo back exhaust and a tune. You can get "off the shelf" tunes for it. Look into a used access port or maybe open source tuning. After that maybe she'd enjoy some suspension mods instead. Power becomes pretty expensive after "stage 2"

In the mean time, kill some time reading these. Excellent info on both pertaining to just imprezas:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533787

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/2135638-post2.html

I'm sure she'll love it =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Heide264 View Post
    When ya start swapping turbos, keep a spare stash of money around... especially if its a daily driver. A lot of people say if you do a turbo swap you should have enough cash on hand to replace the short block if needed. Of course, depends on the driving habits.

No offense to your wife at all, but this is one of those cars that might be valuable to understand HOW it works under the hood... just not IF it works. Especially if you start pushing it power wise.

I'd look into a "stage 2" tune - turbo back exhaust and a tune. You can get "off the shelf" tunes for it. Look into a used access port or maybe open source tuning. After that maybe she'd enjoy some suspension mods instead. Power becomes pretty expensive after "stage 2"

In the mean time, kill some time reading these. Excellent info on both pertaining to just imprezas:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533787

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/2135638-post2.html

I'm sure she'll love it =)
    I searched for a while on here and nasioc. I decided it'd be better for her to have a limit of 300whp. She has never had a fast car before and has only driven my GTO a handful of times.

We decided on a vf39, tbe, sti tmic, and tune. That should be enough power for a while. I want her to get used to the car with lower power levels instead of jumping into something crazy.
    04 GTO M6 - LS2 heads, Cam, intake, exhaust, 3.91's
    411/380
    PB: 11.7 @ 122, 1.7 60'
    06 WRX Limited M5 - Blouch TD06 20G-XT, HKS catless DP, SRS Cat-back, Cobb intake, Turbo-XS FMIC, Turbosmart MBC, Walbro FP, 740CC Injectors, KB short shifter
    Opensource tune by Precision Tuning - 383/365 (20psi)

So here's an update:

We took delivery of the car this morning. It was supposed to be here yesterday but the guy at the dealership is an *******. I actually got rather "firm" with him over the phone regarding the radio bezel.

He calls me yesterday and feeds me a bunch of BS dalaying delivery multiple times. He ended up just saying they would deliver today instead. Normally I would be ok with this, however, after not being able to take the car while we were there on Saturday, left a bad taste in my mouth. I called him asking why he had pushed us off until today for delivery. He says some more bs and I said it's fine as long as everything I asked to be taken care of is done. He says all but the radio bezel. I asked why and he says they couldn't find a replacement. I told him that it was ok and I would find one and send the bill to him.

Now here's what he says to me.. We're not going to pay for the bezel. I said excuse me!? He goes on about how he told me they might not be able to find a replacement and I remind him about me finding one and billing him. He insists they won't pay. I said I strongly suggest you pay for the bezel and at least make us somewhat happy with this buying experience. He has the gall to say, "Sir, I am making you happy. We are delivering the car 2 and a half hours away for free." (really only an hour and a half but whatever) I told him if he would've let us tale the car Saturday then he wouldn't have to deliver!! He says bottom line they aren't paying. I said ok, give me your bosses name and number. He does, reluctantly, and I hang up and call his boss and get voicemai. I left a message with his boss and about 2 minutes later I get a call back. It's the salesman telling me that he found one for $45 and he will give me a check so I can buy it. I thanked him and hung up!

That's not even getting into the issue with us not recieving a temp tag and him trying to say he couldn't give us one. When I ask why he says it's because we weren't physically at the dealership and also because they hadn't recieved the check yet. (Was his explanation on us not getting a temp on Saturday) I called him on his BS and informed him that is not how it works. I then told him how I got my GTO before I was even approved for financing, the FIRST day I was there! I also informed him that we had negotiations for a month before they got their check. He said that no dealer would do that and somehow that was supposed to make me believe him??

Anyways, sorry for the long post/rant. I would stay FAR FAR away from Auto Exchange USA!

I will post some pictures soon as well!
    411/380
    06 WRX Limited M5 - Blouch TD06 20G-XT, HKS catless DP, SRS Cat-back, Cobb intake, Turbo-XS FMIC, Turbosmart MBC, Walbro FP, 740CC Injectors, KB short shifter

I Support ClubWRX
    I'd be pretty ticked. There isn't much you can do about it though at this point =(. Just work them as much as you can and keep complaining. Then stay far far away from them and inform others to do the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

Quote Originally Posted by Heide264 View Post
    I'd be pretty ticked. There isn't much you can do about it though at this point =(. Just work them as much as you can and keep complaining. Then stay far far away from them and inform others to do the same.
    I will, especially after last night! I was driving the car and it started getting dark out. I could barely see anything and then noticed that the drivers side headlight was aiming directly at the ground instead of out in front like normal.

After we got to our friends house, I took off the cover to expose the headlight. To my surprise I see the headlight installed upside down! I then look at the cap I removed and noticed wires going through a grommet and then were snipped off. I immediately recognized this as a former HID kit. I looked a little more and found the ballasts were still in the car with all the wiring zip tied under the headlight housing.

I was in total shock at how the dealership handled replacing a simple headlight. I checked the wiring and all seems well except where the cuts were made. I went ahead and ordered 6000k replacement bulbs today. I'm going to reconnect all the wires and hope the ballasts are still working.

I'm almost afraid to look behind the DVD head-unit. I need to connect the antenna amp so the radio stations come in clear. I hope it's not a nightmare back there!
    411/380

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123