Looking for a WRX or STi - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Looking for a WRX or STi within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by PhantomGTO IDoes anybody have a picture of what the stock turbo looks like so I can compare? ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomGTO View Post
    IDoes anybody have a picture of what the stock turbo looks like so I can compare?
    A 2004 WRX BOV - I think it is similar to the OEM you are looking for:

Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post
    A 2004 WRX BOV - I think it is similar to the OEM you are looking for:
    Thanks! I meant to ask for a picture of the stock BPV/BOV. You read my mind
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 06-11-2010 at 12:12 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks! I meant to ask for a picture of the stock BPV/BOV. You read my mind
    I misread your question ... I thought you want a BOV pic.

Sorry ... I hit Edit instead of Quote.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post
    I misread your question ... I thought you want a BOV pic.

Sorry ... I hit Edit instead of Quote.
    Haha it worked out well anyway

I wish someone was looking for a WRX in my area (south FL), they are not in demand, not a big demand for Subaru's here, no need for AWD, I have a 2010 with 5K that I will end up having to to list for under 20.

Quote Originally Posted by JT58 View Post
    I wish someone was looking for a WRX in my area (south FL), they are not in demand, not a big demand for Subaru's here, no need for AWD, I have a 2010 with 5K that I will end up having to to list for under 20.
    I need to check out some dealers in Florida LOL
    04 GTO M6 - LS2 heads, Cam, intake, exhaust, 3.91's
    411/380
    PB: 11.7 @ 122, 1.7 60'
    06 WRX Limited M5 - Blouch TD06 20G-XT, HKS catless DP, SRS Cat-back, Cobb intake, Turbo-XS FMIC, Turbosmart MBC, Walbro FP, 740CC Injectors, KB short shifter
    Opensource tune by Precision Tuning - 383/365 (20psi)

Just an update.. We went to the dealer and checked over the car. The car actually has stock exhaust and looks like it hasn't been messed with. The only modifications it has are a Greddy BOV (supposedly adjustable?) and a MBC (Not a fan). I talked it over with my wife and she wanted it really badly. I made sure there were no issues with the car as far as drivability.

After we both took it for a ride, we ended up pulling the trigger. We are taking delivery on Tuesday. She is very excited and is already looking into making it look nicer and go faster!

I was thinking of removing the MBC and selling it. I want to get her a TBE and maybe an access port. I am still reading and learning about stages and ways of gradually increasing the HP. If anybody has any suggestions as to first mods, I would appreciate the input!

Thanks!
    411/380
    06 WRX Limited M5 - Blouch TD06 20G-XT, HKS catless DP, SRS Cat-back, Cobb intake, Turbo-XS FMIC, Turbosmart MBC, Walbro FP, 740CC Injectors, KB short shifter

WRX verses GTO

Silver WRX verses Black GTO
    Now that's gonna be a good drag race
    Mr or Mrs
    Fast starter vs Fast Finisher
    A classic match race in the making
    I cant wait for the results
    Hey
    ( it's just my opinion, besides my WRX it's all i have )

Disclaimer
    I cannot guarantee the accuracy nor intelligence of my opinion. But promise to express it free of charge.

Quote Originally Posted by R Hole View Post
    Silver WRX verses Black GTO
    Now that's gonna be a good drag race
    Mr or Mrs
    Fast starter vs Fast Finisher
    A classic match race in the making
    I cant wait for the results
    Yea it should be good! The only thing I don't want her to do is launch and break her 5 spd. So we would probably have a similar launch. I have drag radials too, so I might even taker her off the line w/o her launching. With my current mods and a good launch I should be in the 12.7-12.9 range in the 1/4, maybe faster
    411/380

The intake is stock, which is probably the #1 indicator that things are probably not that bad.

CBE doesn't need a tune, and doesn't do much for the power. It looks like this guy just wanted mods for show without messing too much with the engine, which in this case is probably good.

Don't worry about badges (why do you need them?), but do try to get a full mod list. I can't spot anything that's hideously wrong with the car, though.

Go on a test drive, and drive it a bit hard - if your boost (I'm assuming one of the gauges is boost ) stays around 14-16 psi MAX, you'll be good (if it gets away from you, or you just can't get it up, look out).
    My big thread: The Used WRX Buying Checklist - Please Contribute!

My current car: 2002 WRB WRX Wagon.
    Mods: GM BCS, Carberry SD rom, uppipe, AEM UEGO, Klunk Killer, F+R shifter bushings, head unit

Quote Originally Posted by poly_poly-man View Post
    The intake is stock, which is probably the #1 indicator that things are probably not that bad.

CBE doesn't need a tune, and doesn't do much for the power. It looks like this guy just wanted mods for show without messing too much with the engine, which in this case is probably good.

Don't worry about badges (why do you need them?), but do try to get a full mod list. I can't spot anything that's hideously wrong with the car, though.

Go on a test drive, and drive it a bit hard - if your boost (I'm assuming one of the gauges is boost ) stays around 14-16 psi MAX, you'll be good (if it gets away from you, or you just can't get it up, look out).
    Thanks.. I checked the car out and drove it. I only drove it for a short distance on a 25mph road and hit about 11-12 psi in first gear before backing out of the throttle since I didn't want a ticket. My wife drove most of the test drive and I couldn't see the boost guage from the passenger seat to discern the boost psi.

We ended up purchasing the car and are having it delivered tomorrow. It has no mods besides the BOV, manual boost controller, and gauges. I also got a 3 year, 36k mile warranty through our credit union incase anything goes wrong. I mainly wanted it after I noticed the mbc.

I'm pretty confident that I checked it out thoroughly enough and noticed every little thing that needed fixing. Apparently a girl owned this car previously and wrote all sorts of I love you's on the sun-visor mirrors. I told the dealership about it and they seemed embarrased to have missed that haha. They said they would do another full detail before we get the car and fix the little problems. (ie: tail light scratch, paint chip, and radio bezel that was marred from an attempted head-unit snatch lol)

I'll take some pictures probably Wednesday or Thursday and post them up!
    411/380

Thanks.. I checked the car out and drove it. I only drove it for a short distance on a 25mph road and hit about 11-12 psi in first gear before backing out of the throttle since I didn't want a ticket. My wife drove most of the test drive and I couldn't see the boost guage from the passenger seat to discern the boost psi.
    Sounds like the right feeling
    We ended up purchasing the car and are having it delivered tomorrow. It has no mods besides the BOV, manual boost controller,
    and gauges. I also got a 3 year, 36k mile warranty through our credit union incase anything goes wrong. I mainly wanted it after I noticed the mbc.
    Good idea. Tear it out when you get a chance
    I'm pretty confident that I checked it out thoroughly enough and noticed every little thing that needed fixing. Apparently a girl owned this car previously and wrote all sorts of I love you's on the sun-visor mirrors. I told the dealership about it and they seemed embarrased to have missed that haha. They said they would do another full detail before we get the car and fix the little problems. (ie: tail light scratch, paint chip, and radio bezel that was marred from an attempted head-unit snatch lol)

I'll take some pictures probably Wednesday or Thursday and post them up!
    Sounds like you made a good deal! Welcome to the wonderful world of subarus!
    My big thread: The Used WRX Buying Checklist - Please Contribute!

My current car: 2002 WRB WRX Wagon.
    Mods: GM BCS, Carberry SD rom, uppipe, AEM UEGO, Klunk Killer, F+R shifter bushings, head unit

Quote Originally Posted by poly_poly-man View Post
    Sounds like the right feeling Good idea. Tear it out when you get a chanceSounds like you made a good deal! Welcome to the wonderful world of subarus!
    Thanks! I'm going to try and get my wife to make an account here. I think she just wants me to do all the research for her lol. She told me to make a list of parts to make it fast. I want to eventually upgrade the turbo for her when she can afford it (maybe I'll buy it for her as a gift one day ). I think I'm gonna have her save for a tbe and some sort of em. Do you know how much hp the stock 2.5 can take before it needs forged internals?

I searched a bit and found out the 5 Spd is a weak link. I'll need to research on limited slips also. I want this to be a nice car for her. It's her first car that she likes enough to put money into!
    411/380

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I have a 07 limited (wagon though)... Other WRX owners in the area are always looking inside of it lovin the leather interior.

Enjoy - I love mine.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

Thanks! I'm going to try and get my wife to make an account here. I think she just wants me to do all the research for her lol. She told me to make a list of parts to make it fast. I want to eventually upgrade the turbo for her when she can afford it (maybe I'll buy it for her as a gift one day ). I think I'm gonna have her save for a tbe and some sort of em. Do you know how much hp the stock 2.5 can take before it needs forged internals?

I searched a bit and found out the 5 Spd is a weak link. I'll need to research on limited slips also. I want this to be a nice car for her. It's her first car that she likes enough to put money into!
    Welcome... the best thing to do is exactly what your doing research... a turbo upgrade and tune with supporting mods is your best option for big power... i would suggest vf39 if your going with the wrx... you can make around 300whp with the right tune and still maintain reliability...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast