ok so..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on ok so.. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i paid off some bills and now its saving time for some mods. ive owned the damn car for 2 ...

Wappingers Falls, New York, United States

ok so..

i paid off some bills and now its saving time for some mods. ive owned the damn car for 2 years and its still stock lol.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyDznuts86 View Post
    i paid off some bills and now its saving time for some mods. ive owned the damn car for 2 years and its still stock lol.
    Mine was stock for almost four years.
    I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee

Blobeye Syndicate Member #72

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventura'sWRX View Post
    Mine was stock for almost four years.
    crazy. i managed to leave mine alone for a whopping 5 days before messing with anything

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Got mine at the end of march and its still stock but after this friday (unless things dont come in the mail on time) it will have kartboy ss with bushings and be at stage 1 from the AP. I literally cannot wait to feel the difference all around.

good for you guys bein patient and responsible with your money haha
    2006 WRB WRX Sedan @ Stage 2

www.grahamsnodgrass.com

My problem was I did not know anyone who had one, and I did not even know what a tuner was. I just knew I had to have a WRX.
    I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee

Blobeye Syndicate Member #72

I don't think I waited 5 days. Got my WRX on a Tuesday, rims and tires by Thursday, tint on Friday.

I Support ClubWRX
    Seven years and counting. The only parts that are not authentic Subaru or in any case did not come with the car when it was brand new in 2002 are:

1. Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3, 225/50/16.
    2. Five hose clamps -- two for the rad hoses and one for the turbo water supply top end connection.
    3. Koyo radiator -- but OEM style, not all-aluminium.

At this point I'd say I'm doing pretty well at keeping it stock.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Seven years and counting. The only parts that are not authentic Subaru or in any case did not come with the car when it was brand new in 2002 are:

1. Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3, 225/50/16.
    2. Five hose clamps -- two for the rad hoses and one for the turbo water supply top end connection.
    3. Koyo radiator -- but OEM style, not all-aluminium.

At this point I'd say I'm doing pretty well at keeping it stock.
    Well if you are passing the test, I am failing miserably. But am happy about it haha.
    Blobeye Syndicate #888

I Support ClubWRX
    and yet you know more than most people with modified cars...
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    and yet you know more than most people with modified cars...
    A lot of the stuff I post I just make up as I go along...

I know enough to know what I don't know, so I'll either ask or not do it. I gladly help others work on their mods (just a few weekends ago a few neighbours here got together and replaced a motor in a student's car etc. -- good clean fun and it kept me off the streets but got the car back on them. I'll show up if I hear a compressor or see a cherry picker -- you never know, they may have beer and pizza too etc.). I accept that Subaru is better at building Subarus than I am, so I leave building Subarus to Subaru...

Besides, I'd hate to ruin my manicure.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

im only lookin into a catback and some suspension. just wanna keep the car reliable and fun. im not gonna Ken Block it lol.. im not gonna dump thousands of dollars into a car. screw that. im tryin to save for a beater pick up truck as well.

im only lookin into a catback and some suspension. just wanna keep the car reliable and fun. im not gonna Ken Block it lol.. im not gonna dump thousands of dollars into a car. screw that. im tryin to save for a beater pick up truck as well.
    Famous last words.
    Blobeye Syndicate #888

I Support ClubWRX
    OK well from the photo your car is relatively recent. This probably means you don't really need to look into strut cartridges yet. If so, maybe you could look into sway bars and mounts. This can improve handling and will delay the cost of struts until your existing struts are worn out or at least past their prime. Then, when they're done and you're replacing them and have everything apart anyway, you can do springs too if you wish for little added expense.

Catbacks are up to workmanship (if you are in the snow zone), fitment, and looks. They will add noise but not power. Plenty to chose from too.

Quote Originally Posted by CmrnDrgn View Post
    Famous last words.
    yeah youre probly right. lmao

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    OK well from the photo your car is relatively recent. This probably means you don't really need to look into strut cartridges yet. If so, maybe you could look into sway bars and mounts. This can improve handling and will delay the cost of struts until your existing struts are worn out or at least past their prime. Then, when they're done and you're replacing them and have everything apart anyway, you can do springs too if you wish for little added expense.

Catbacks are up to workmanship (if you are in the snow zone), fitment, and looks. They will add noise but not power. Plenty to chose from too.
    sounds good man thanks. yeah i was just lookin at Perrin catbacks. i like the sound but nothing too loud. then ill look into suspension in the future. i was gonna do the springs and sway bars and all that. but its an expensive hobby so - time and money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast