New owner of a 2002 WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New owner of a 2002 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Love this car! Fast and a lot of fun to drive. Total head turner and meticulously taken care of. Has ...

New owner of a 2002 WRX

Love this car! Fast and a lot of fun to drive. Total head turner and meticulously taken care of.

Has a straight back exhaust and engine remap and sitting on coilovers. Just curious since I'm new to cars- The engine remap changes the powerband but does it increase HP as well? Just curious what my car is sitting at right now considering stock is 227hp I believe

I look forward to lurking

http://dcerutti.smugmug.com/Other/WR...17_k***T-L.jpg

http://dcerutti.smugmug.com/Other/WR...63_LBGux-L.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

very nice. gotta paint the sides to compliment the factory lip

i think it looks just fine! thanks for the welcome

You finnaly got it... nice... to answer your question, yes depending on your tune (probally stage 2 map) you should have around 270ish to the crank and about 220 to the ground...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    love the bbs. nice pick up.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    Paint the skirts! Welcome to the forum. Yea whatever "remap" you have will increase hp and tq. You should find out what "remap" you have tho..

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I'll have to get back to the owner to figure out the exact figures. I feel bad having such a cool car and not knowing much but I'm learning!

Yeah I realized now that he meant paint the skirt. What's your opinion on doing a front mount and blow off valve? My friend has a shop and said he wouldn't mind doing these for me

I Support ClubWRX
    Waste of money til you upgrade the turbo and have a proper tune for those modifications.

even the front mount? I thought that was just more for the look and I believe he said the intercooler gets hotter in it's stock placement. I'm sure you know better than he does considering he has a 240sx (although he does know cars in and out).

I'm not sure if I want to upgrade the turbo. The car is pleasantly quick coming from a mitsubishi galant not to mention it's got higher mileage

I Support ClubWRX
    In the stock location it does a good job without creating more turbo lag. Running a front mount intercooler creates more turbo lag since the piping is farther away. The bov also does more harm then good when not properly tuned.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.