New to imports and subarus, need general info... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on New to imports and subarus, need general info... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX All WRXs have 5 speeds. If it has a 6 speed it was an add on. ...

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post

All WRXs have 5 speeds. If it has a 6 speed it was an add on.

The STi 6 speed is stronger and the gear ratios are closer together - a win / win. If you can comfortably afford an STi go for it. The 6 speed and Brembo brakes are pretty much worth the extra cost.
    yeah thats what i thought... oh well

also, its really tripping me out that in this forum the posts go from bottom to top...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    And there are more differences beyond the brakes and transmission that make it worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand View Post

also, its really tripping me out that in this forum the posts go from bottom to top...
    you can change that in your preferences in user cp - that messed me up when I first got here

Also, what I've discovered about looks - the blue sti seats with black accents look good - all-blue seats look terrible. The blue/black shift boots I saw someone selling look great... the all blue ones are terrible.

I do agree that the blue can be badly done... however I believe in the STi interior, there is definitely enough black to offset the blue to make it look AMAZING. In my opinion at least... but hey - it's your car. Do as you wish.

And yeah, I think someone was saying the STI has over 5 times the original price difference in good extra parts as compared to the wrx - if you can get it, get it.
    My big thread: The Used WRX Buying Checklist - Please Contribute!

My current car: 2002 WRB WRX Wagon.
    Mods: GM BCS, Carberry SD rom, uppipe, AEM UEGO, Klunk Killer, F+R shifter bushings, head unit

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand View Post

it can be changed. it's all in your control panel.. there are a few options. I like the new at the bottom and old at the top... so that's how I have it. You can also change how many posts it displays per page.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by poly_poly-man View Post
    you can change that in your preferences in user cp - that messed me up when I first got here

Also, what I've discovered about looks - the blue sti seats with black accents look good - all-blue seats look terrible. The blue/black shift boots I saw someone selling look great... the all blue ones are terrible.

I do agree that the blue can be badly done... however I believe in the STi interior, there is definitely enough black to offset the blue to make it look AMAZING. In my opinion at least... but hey - it's your car. Do as you wish.

And yeah, I think someone was saying the STI has over 5 times the original price difference in good extra parts as compared to the wrx - if you can get it, get it.
    any blue is too much imo... maybe im alone there... anyway, i have people on the look out for what i want... we will see what comes up, hopefully ill be joining the subby ranks soon

former camaro

Welcome to the club. I as well am also a former Camaro owner. Just sold my mint '87 IROC-Z a week before I bought my WRX. Gotta say I'm extremely impressed with the WRX, and the Blue is growing on me. You wouldn't believe how many people notice the Blue car (or maybe its the hood scoop). It turns heads everywhere, especially my domestic buddies. I didn't think I would ever switch to an import but here I am and I ain't looking back.

Hope you find what your looking for.
    2010 WRX 4-door, 5mt, WRB - fast enough stock!!
    2010 Forester 2.5x 5mt, SSM - wifey DD
    '87 Z28, LT1/6spd conv. - side project
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it

Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    Pshhh, I owned a WRB WRX for 1 year and a PSM one for 7. I got compliments all the time with the stock looking WRB over the heavily modified PSM one. Silver just don't pop, and the WRB really does (though it's much harder to care for).

I was so disappointed that there were no sonic yellow WRXs available when I was looking for my 2nd one. I wanted that more than any other color.
    I totally agree, sonic yellow with matte black bbs or gunsmetal grey bbs are the hotness. I tried finding one but ended up getting black pearl, which looks awesome clean, but almost overkill with all the black i have now.. silver is boring. Cant even tell you how many silver wrxs i see a week. Sonic yellow, WRB, and black is what i like.
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12