bought a bugeye, but failed smog test-need help
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on bought a bugeye, but failed smog test-need help within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, I bought a 02 WRX a year back and now it is due for a smog test. I ...

bought a bugeye, but failed smog test-need help

Hey guys,

I bought a 02 WRX a year back and now it is due for a smog test. I took it into the shop today, and it passed everything except for the "Other Emission Related Components" category.

The guy said my SPT Air Filter was illegal, which I know it's not. But he said he couldn't do anything about it unless he saw a number for the part or if I replaced it. What I think he means is that he needs to see a EO# for the part. The intake was already on the car when I bought it, and I couldn't find the CARB sticker anywhere.

Since I'm getting pretty close to the deadline to submit certification of a clean car, I called a couple dealerships in the area to get a sticker, who told me to call Subaru. I saw on other websites that Subaru will ship you one for free no problem, but the woman I talked to at Subaru had no idea what I was talking about and told me she'll get back to me later on it.

So I was wondering if anyone has the EO# or the number on their CARB sticker so that I could get this car cleared? Or is there anything else I can do to prove to the smog testers to prove that its legal? Thanks for the help

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    this SPT intake ?

http://www.driveperformance.subaru.c...2/upgrades.asp

quote from www.subaruproparts:
    SPT High Flow Air Intake

Constructed of 319 die cast aluminum and manufactured to ensure the smoothest high flowing bends, each intake kit includes a silicone reinforced boot, anti-vibration mounting system, stainless steel T bolt clamps, and an SPT 4 layer cotton filter with built-in velocity stack for smooth air flow (replacements are available seperately on this site). They are finished in gray textured powdercoat finish for longevity, and are CARB certified and 50 state emissions legal.
    Last edited by Weasel 555; 06-02-2010 at 01:51 PM.
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    You are the man,Andy.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.