New guy to clubWRX
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New guy to clubWRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yo guys, i'm just expanding my basis for information on WRXs. I drive a 2010 WRX; my first suby. Got ...

New guy to clubWRX

Yo guys, i'm just expanding my basis for information on WRXs.

I drive a 2010 WRX; my first suby. Got her back in October of 09

I have been loving it so far, it took a while to get use to the long clutch,the super-sensitive gas-pedal,the rough shifter, and the most amazing sound-system.

My mod plans for the car is purely based on impulse buying, but i'm having a hard time choosing between form-over-function or function-over-form.

Some pics before you ask.

slightly edited version
    Last edited by JLAG; 06-03-2010 at 10:54 PM. Reason: needed more higher res!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by JLAG
    My mod plans for the car is purely based on impulse buying, but i'm having a hard time choose between form-over-function or function-over-form.
    There's nothing wrong with that. I'm mainly a function/form guy, but I do have a few form/function modifications as well

Quote Originally Posted by JLAG
    Some pics before you ask.
    You've been around car forums to know that members always want to see pictures of the n00b's car. Also, the pictures you posted were pretty nice
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    awesome pictures! :]

if you dont give a hoot about your warranty i'd start with power & suspension mods first then move onto looks.

the 09+ wrx's really dont need much in the looks department. red taillight overlays, front lip, wheels & you're set.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

looks plenty purdy to me

I'd say that it's probably a MUCH better idea to come up with a plan for mods, rather than just doing everything on impulse... if you do the latter, you may find yourself in a strange situation, where you've done way to much on one part of the car, and nothing to another, or you really want to do a turbo mod (for example), but haven't done some supporting mods...

If you want to save money, time, and wasted effort, I would definitely come up with a plan with the help of the first mods thread, unabomber's manifesto (on nasioc), and everything else.

I'd say, first thing's first - go stage2.

And welcome - great pictures!
    My big thread: The Used WRX Buying Checklist - Please Contribute!

My current car: 2002 WRB WRX Wagon.
    Mods: GM BCS, Carberry SD rom, uppipe, AEM UEGO, Klunk Killer, F+R shifter bushings, head unit

Thx for all the welcomes guys.

Yeah the pics are pretty nice. My older bro just got into cameras recently and has been stepping up his game.

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    You've been around car forums to know that members always want to see pictures of the n00b's car. Also, the pictures you posted were pretty nice
    Yep, always come prepared with pics for forums; especially if your the OP

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    i'd start with power & suspension mods first then move onto looks.

the 09+ wrx's really dont need much in the looks department. red taillight overlays, front lip...
    Yep I was thinking on function>form; only problem is that those mods cost more. Well price doesn't matter anyway, i'm eventually gonna buy them all anyway

I've been planning to paint my tails, but I just don't have the balls to.

Quote Originally Posted by poly_poly-man View Post
    If you want to save money, time, and wasted effort, I would definitely come up with a plan with the help of the first mods thread, unabomber's manifesto (on nasioc), and everything else.

I'd say, first thing's first - go stage2.
    I actually do have a mod list, but the order I go in purchasing is based on impulse

I have read Unabomber's Manifesto, but it's hard for the info to stick. Goes in from one ear and out the other.

Stage 2 will come someday when my money tree is ready for harvesting

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello and welcome to the Club!

Those are some of the best first post pics I've seen in my 6+ years here.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by JLAG View Post
    I actually do have a mod list, but the order I go in purchasing is based on impulse

I have read Unabomber's Manifesto, but it's hard for the info to stick. Goes in from one ear and out the other.

Stage 2 will come someday when my money tree is ready for harvesting
    heh, certainly no problem in that

Just make sure that your performance mods all come with the proper supporting mods - don't do an intake until you have the money for a tune (in fact you almost definitely shouldn't be doing TBE without a tune), don't do turbo without a TBE, upgraded IC, etc.

However, if you happen to spot a good deal on headlights, sure, go out of order and get them first

Mods: GM BCS, Carberry SD rom, uppipe, AEM UEGO, Klunk Killer, F+R shifter bushings, head unit

Most amazing sound system?? Haha when did this change? My 06 factory radio was awful. Luckily, it is in my closet now.

But seriously, nice looking car-- That second pic is righteous. Best of luck to you, and have a blast
    2006 WRB WRX Sedan @ Stage 2

www.grahamsnodgrass.com

Thx for the welcomes. Yep those pics are pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post
    Those are some of the best first post pics I've seen in my 6+ years here.
    All thx to my older bro and his Nikon D90. I'm also amazed at the shots he took, im like," WTF you only had this camera for 2 weeks!?"

Quote Originally Posted by poly_poly-man View Post
    Just make sure that your performance mods all come with the proper supporting mods

However, if you happen to spot a good deal on headlights, sure, go out of order and get them first
    Thx for the heads up, ill definitely keep that in mind.

HIDs are also a priority for me, it's hard to drive without them after driving a car that has them

Quote Originally Posted by Graham46 View Post
    Most amazing sound system?? Haha when did this change? My 06 factory radio was awful. Luckily, it is in my closet now.
    I was being sarcastic, the stock system was so bad I had too.

I Support ClubWRX
    On the stereo note, supposedly the head unit is pretty easy to change out. Could be worse. It could be equipped with an awful sound system made by bose (about 25% of car models with them I've found) so you can't change anything easily.

Even on my 97 caddy I had to do all sorts of extra work to even get my car to move without the factory head unit.

Just being optimistic =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

new wrx owner

hey my names mike i just bought a 2002 wrx an need some advice on it ive onyl had it for a few weeks an im lookin to put some mods on it any suggestions

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXdrifter28 View Post
    hey my names mike i just bought a 2002 wrx an need some advice on it ive onyl had it for a few weeks an im lookin to put some mods on it any suggestions
    hey mike. please create your own thread here:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/new-member-hangout/

this is JLAG's intro thread & we dont want to take away from that.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

take a side shot! i was thinkin of powder washing my rims black, ive got an '08 and Id like a better look if you can

and welcome she looks good!
    thriVe //

'08 subaru wrx
    facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by ignite View Post
    take a side shot! Id like a better look if you can
    Thx man.

Well one of the reasons I didnt post a side shot is because i'm riding on 17x8 G-forces on stock suspension. So the wheel gap is dreadful and the wheels look to small(to me).

I actually don't have a true side shot, but heres some shots that show the side better. My older bro takes pictures not me, so it would be a while till i get a true side shot.

Shield your eyes if you don't want to see the wheel gap

Yep this picture was overexposed

The drops coming, one day...
    Last edited by JLAG; 06-07-2010 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Pics didn't work

nah, don't drop it - it looks great that way.

Much more of a rally stance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.