Newbie to the site and a wrx sti type-r
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Newbie to the site and a wrx sti type-r within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi all, just like to introduce myself before i start posting and asking questions about the different impreza.I am from ...

Newbie to the site and a wrx sti type-r

Hi all, just like to introduce myself before i start posting and asking questions about the different impreza.I am from the midlands in ireland, I bought my first wrx sti type-r about a month ago its a t reg think 1999 dont understand the uk reg. its a jap import and has lods of work done. I will try get a full list as soon as i get to know more about the car. few things i know is its re-mapped, full stainless straight through pipe with a 4.5inc exhaust,lots work done to the engine, as i said i new to the car so dont know the exact detail. from what i know its the quickest one around my area with 330+ bhp.
    I been reading few posts from here and i like what i see.
    thanks
    regards
    james
    10r-scooby

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Looks nice man. You'll have to get some more pictures of it in good light and let us see the mod list.

If you are looking to kill some time, some posts ya might want to take a look at...

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/2135638-post2.html

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533787

Also, I kinda enjoyed browsing through Autopia's forums... They have a whole ton of information about detailing cars and such. I am pretty new to the subject and found a lot of info regarding it I didn't know. Not sure what you are looking to use the car for, but it can't hurt to shine it up to almost new... Always makes a car purchase feel better (don't mean to say it looks dirty by any means though)...

http://www.autopia.org/forum/guide-d...ect-shine.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

thanks i will look them up and the reason the photo is bad is because its off my phone. then again i am not great at cleaning and keeping it shiny. I will try its a nice clean car and it be a shame not to keep it right. can you point me in the right place to find out how to fix a green flashing light on the dash for the c.diff i want to check the fuse but the fuse box is not in english i will get better photos once i get to know the site.

I Support ClubWRX
    You'll have to check around more for that one. You might be better off looking on NASIOC for that one if you need an answer now... Just be prepared to get a new one handed to you.

Try making a new thread in everyday impreza talk. I don't know that'd I'd really group that with anything else, and as long as you are pretty respectful everybody here would be more than willing to help you out with what they can. Some members don't check this forum too much, so you might have better luck there.

Yeah I hear ya on the clean note. I just found it pretty interesting how you can bring back such a nice shine to a not so shiny car as long as it's not too bad.

Hi =).
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

thanks, i read bit more here and get to know the site first before i do post questions.this is my first fast car so i be looking after like a baby. my daughter loves it so she can shine and i keep to the manical side of things
    cheers for the advice

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    james, welcome to clubwrx

nice looking Type R is it a version 6 ?

also this is mainly a US based subaru site altho we do have many members from around the world

since its a jap import to the uk , you may also want to look thru
    Scoobynet UK: http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/forum.php

or you can even come and hang out on TyneTeesScoobies:
    http://www.tyneteesscoobies.co.uk/forums/index.php

you can find me on there also under same screen name

Andy
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

I love your car! So beautiful!
    07 WRX STi Stock - my new baby
    02 WRX 225 hp 222 tq - Not at Fault Accident TOTALED

thanks to all, i noticed that it was a us site when everything was in dollars i am on a lot of sites for my bikes and find them all usfull so taught here be the same for my wrx sti and there is always a bargain to be got in the US. its a version 6
    Weasel 555 thanks for them links i look them up aswell.

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, a lot of us wish this was a more internationally appealing forum but we don't have very good information on the older models because we didn't get any WRX until 2002.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

i only new to the car been using the bike for last 16 yrs have to use the car now because i going to be a dad again in few days and i need something to take the kid around

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.