Help with 02 bugeye-cel

This is a discussion on Help with 02 bugeye-cel within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I am so confused on what to do. Changed my spark plugs and coils. and cel keeps popping up- cel ...

Red face Help with 02 bugeye-cel

I am so confused on what to do. Changed my spark plugs and coils. and cel keeps popping up- cel 2 and 4. the car is not misfiring. runs great, my buddy and I. took it for drive and all is fine. But still the light turns..... What should i do and possibly what is wrong with it?.

Help.....please...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Update with more info-

changed fuel filter, 2 weeks ago and changed fuel lines at dealership about 4 months ago- all fuel lines.

so far- fuel lines, filter, sparks and coilpacks all changed and check engine STILL ON!

Drove today and check engine light just turned off and stayed off... am so confused on what too do.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    So, what's the CEL for then?

if it's telling you multiple cylinders are misfiring, i suggest bringing it to the subaru dealership instead of throwing countless parts at it without actually diagnosing it.

i had the exact same problem, turned out the ECU just needed to be reprogrammed, took all of a half hour to fix. i had misfires on cylinder 1,3, and 4.
    '07 wrx wagon:
    Cobb catback, cobb short ram with intake box, turbosmart small recirc valve, yellow tinted fogs.

little bit older and a little bit more jaded.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Subariki21 View Post
    Update with more info-

changed fuel filter, 2 weeks ago and changed fuel lines at dealership about 4 months ago- all fuel lines.

so far- fuel lines, filter, sparks and coilpacks all changed and check engine STILL ON!

Drove today and check engine light just turned off and stayed off... am so confused on what too do.
    Nothing. Do nothing. You no longer have a CEL. Ideally this is because the requisite number of cycles and/or hours of operation without a fault detected have passed.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.