Hey there

This is a discussion on Hey there within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, how is everyone? I just picked up an 02 WRX. 5 speed red wagon. Never even seen that ...

Hey there

Hey guys, how is everyone? I just picked up an 02 WRX. 5 speed red wagon. Never even seen that combination. It's completely stock (Did the Momo wheel come stock? I've seen them on every 02 WRX I've come across)

A little background: I'm 18 (19 in a month), working full time as a server in a restaurant, and not attending school currently. I studied auto mechanics for 3 years while in high school, interned at an independent shop for half a year, and began attending school for BMW shortly after graduating. I quit that due to not being able to catch back up after being severely sick for 2 days. I'm a musician, and an amateur photographer, and I'll be damned if I don't make a living with my music.

So, upon a little google research, I found a few things that are strongly suggested to be changed, along with this website where I shall be asking much advice

I'm thinking a new uppipe and blow off valve will be my first step. Anyone suggest differently?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice find! Check out the links in my signature!
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

yes uppipe...

No BOV.

After the uppipe, finish out the exhaust, get a tune... some work on the suspension and brakes goes well here.

At this point, you're at "stage 2"... now, if that's not enough for you, keep going - intake, bigger turbo, etc. Stage 2 is much higher power for relatively low cost, but beyond that gets expensive and sacrifices some reliability fast.

BTW, read some FAQ's here as to why it's a bad idea to get a bov - same reason it's bad to get an intake without a tune.

Welcome! More pics, please!
    My big thread: The Used WRX Buying Checklist - Please Contribute!

My current car: 2002 WRB WRX Wagon.
    Mods: GM BCS, Carberry SD rom, uppipe, AEM UEGO, Klunk Killer, F+R shifter bushings, head unit

Wellcome... and nice bugeye...
    Yeah start with the up pipe and after buy a TBE and upload a stage 2 map and you'll be good... after all that do suspention mods ie sway bars and endlinks, possabily coilovers if you have the extra cash...
    Don't do the BOV it will cause problems, do a silencer delete for the same effect and its free!!!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Thanks for the welcoming, guys! This is a nice little forum you've got.

Poly - I'll definitely read up on that after work tonight! I also heard these cars can't really handle an intake without some larger injectors. Is that true?

I'm probably gonna run with a Greddy uppipe and a Greddy Ti-C turbo back once I'm ready to finish off the exhaust. Do you guys have any experience with this system? Anything else I should look at?

Oh, and here's a couple more pics for ya'll. As you can tell, my family loves Subarus.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX

No, a BoV will not inherently cause problems. Only if it leaks. People need to stop propagating that myth. However, the stock unit is still 10 fold recommended over a gaudy BoV. The stock one is free, works better than the aftermarket ones, and doesn't require maintenance or setup like aftermarket ones. And you don't want to be THAT guy that auto enthusiasts roll their eyes at when you sound off his new BoV like a ricer.