BMW 335i soon to be WRX Premium 5-door - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on BMW 335i soon to be WRX Premium 5-door within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yea, I heard once you get the mod bug, its over! I changed my shift nob on the 335 and ...

Yea, I heard once you get the mod bug, its over!

I changed my shift nob on the 335 and the tail lights, then I started looking into other things, luckily I stopped. That would have been really pricey.

The ecu tune, how much hp/tq we talking and how much money? If you know off the top of your head. See its already starting!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

How does the Lancer Ralliart compare? Not trying to be blasphemous!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by hisdigness View Post
    Yea, I heard once you get the mod bug, its over!

The ecu tune, how much hp/tq we talking and how much money? If you know off the top of your head. See its already starting!
    You heard correctly. I'm not that well versed in 2010 tuning.

Where I started: http://cobbtuning.com/info/?id=4829 Except it was ~5 years ago with the first generation of Accessport. As your mod hunger grows, it can grow with you.

A custom Protune will yield the best and safest results.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post
    You heard correctly. I'm not that well versed in 2010 tuning.

Where I started: http://cobbtuning.com/info/?id=4829 Except it was ~5 years ago with the first generation of Accessport. As your mod hunger grows, it can grow with you.

A custom Protune will yield the best and safest results.
    How does the Lancer Ralliart compare? Not trying to be blasphemous!
    It doesn't.

Do a search on Car and Driver's web site for more info. They were not too fond of the Ralliart.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    Mods & Pics

Great thanks!

I Support ClubWRX
    Have fun - keep us posted.
    Mods & Pics

Have fun - keep us posted.
    Will do. Thanks again.

i cant tell you much about numbers for the newer generations but a 2.0L wrx with a full exhaust and a pro tune running the turbo to its limits can put out sti type power

newer wrx's come with a bigger engine and a bigger turbo from the factory so you do the math lol...

price wise it depends on what you get... my exhaust ran me about a grand but thats canadian dollars which includes shipping and customs charges etc etc a custom tune will usually be about 500$ give or take... an accessport which isnt as good as a custom tune is like 6 or 700$ but it has its gimmicks...

buying used is always cheaper.. duh

-Alex
    LIVE LOUD, ROCK HARD!!@

2003 WRX wagon 16g + 6 speed

I Support ClubWRX
    Will do. Thanks again.
    Anytime.

I should mention the one significant weakness of the WRX / STi ...

The much touted Symmetrical All Wheel Drive places the engine and transmission forward of the front axle. This throws off the front / rear wheel weight bias.

This creates understeer your BMW never exhibits. The 335 has close to a 50/50 front / rear weight balance. This can be largely corrected in the WRX with the proper suspension mods.
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 05-28-2010 at 07:13 PM.
    Mods & Pics

Hey, I couldn't help but notice this thread...I actually created my account for these forums just to post a reply =P

I myself own a 2008 WRX and it is AWESOME. I've driven it for the past year after having moved on from my previous car (a 2001 Nissan Maxima). I haven't put any mods on my car, but it still feels like a beast. It sticks to the road on every curve and it's ability to accelerate is just amazing.

My 2008 WRX has about 224 hp and 226 lb-ft of torque, but the 2009 and (I think) 2010 models have 265 hp with 244 lb-ft of torque. I have heard rumors that the advertised 265 hp of the newer WRX models is the WHP, as opposed to the horsepower that is advertised for most other cars (including the 2008 WRX) in which the BHP is advertised instead. I don't know how valid this is. Could anyone confirm this?

Anyways, I highly recommend the WRX, as it is a very fun car to drive. I've never driven the STI, but I'm sure it only gets better!

By the way...the 3rd gear is killer!!!

Anytime.

I should mention the one significant weakness of the WRX / STi ...

The much touted Symmetrical All Wheel Drive places the engine and transmission forward of the front axle. This throws off the front / rear wheel weight bias.

This creates understeer your BMW never exhibits. The 335 has close to a 50/50 front / rear weight balance. This can be largely corrected in the WRX with the proper suspension mods.
    Interesting...and good to know. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by mexicanzero View Post
    i cant tell you much about numbers for the newer generations but a 2.0L wrx with a full exhaust and a pro tune running the turbo to its limits can put out sti type power

newer wrx's come with a bigger engine and a bigger turbo from the factory so you do the math lol...

price wise it depends on what you get... my exhaust ran me about a grand but thats canadian dollars which includes shipping and customs charges etc etc a custom tune will usually be about 500$ give or take... an accessport which isnt as good as a custom tune is like 6 or 700$ but it has its gimmicks...

buying used is always cheaper.. duh

-Alex
    Awesome thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Leeeeeeeeee View Post
    Hey, I couldn't help but notice this thread...I actually created my account for these forums just to post a reply =P

I myself own a 2008 WRX and it is AWESOME. I've driven it for the past year after having moved on from my previous car (a 2001 Nissan Maxima). I haven't put any mods on my car, but it still feels like a beast. It sticks to the road on every curve and it's ability to accelerate is just amazing.

My 2008 WRX has about 224 hp and 226 lb-ft of torque, but the 2009 and (I think) 2010 models have 265 hp with 244 lb-ft of torque. I have heard rumors that the advertised 265 hp of the newer WRX models is the WHP, as opposed to the horsepower that is advertised for most other cars (including the 2008 WRX) in which the BHP is advertised instead. I don't know how valid this is. Could anyone confirm this?

Anyways, I highly recommend the WRX, as it is a very fun car to drive. I've never driven the STI, but I'm sure it only gets better!

By the way...the 3rd gear is killer!!!
    Sweet...thanks for your post. The third gear pull on the BMW is amazing as well...my favorite. I actually had to order the 335 just to get in in stick. Once I get the WRX I will post pics of both.

You will miss the low end torque of your 335i. If I were you I would just buy the 335i. With a couple of mods your 335i would be a beast.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

Quote Originally Posted by oguitar View Post
    You will miss the low end torque of your 335i. If I were you I would just buy the 335i. With a couple of mods your 335i would be a beast.
    Its already a beast, but also quite expensive. Does the custom tuning help with the low end torque at all?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast