just bought a wrx and need advice...

This is a discussion on just bought a wrx and need advice... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Heyy everyone i jus bought a 2005 subaru wrx and i was wondering if anyone had some advice/suggestions on the: ...

just bought a wrx and need advice...

Heyy everyone i jus bought a 2005 subaru wrx and i was wondering if anyone had some advice/suggestions on the:
    Megan Racing Subaru Impreza Type 2 Black Catback Exhaust 2002-2007 Subaru WRX.

I want a catback exhaust that could give good clear rumbling sound and some speed but im not really worried about speed i really like the way the wrx sounds with an exhaust....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Since you are not worried about speed you will not be disappointed. If you were in the snow zone I'd have advised against anything not top flight because you'd end up with a bucket of rust quickly, but since you are in San Diego that's not an issue.

See if you can go to a local meet and listen to people's cars. Also look -- see if the exhaust just looks bad or if they've had problems with hangers or gaskets, and then decide.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    You're in luck, because catbacks alone are nothing but noise makers. If sound is what you want, have at it.

I personally love the Invidia N1 Race but it's one of the more loud exhaust options. It's also one of the cheaper ones as well that still shows a lot of quality.
    Another one I like is the Megan Racing catback that's on eBay for 450 shipped quite frequently. Here's a link:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&category=6763

I Support ClubWRX
    megan is junk ebay stuff
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!