*My Aspen White '04 WRX* - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 38 of 38

This is a discussion on *My Aspen White '04 WRX* within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 99STM How about you buy a Tactrix cable, then download RomRaider and ECUflash. If you're looking for ...

  1. #31
    Registered User WRXshun's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by 99STM View Post
    How about you buy a Tactrix cable, then download RomRaider and ECUflash. If you're looking for a stage 2 map, I have one I could email you and you could flash it to your car. I know about 15 people with this map that are very happy with it. It also includes a Launch Control set at 3750 if I remember correctly.
    I personally can't see how AP's still sell besides the fact that some tuners require them to do pro tunes. That's a lot of money to spend on something that can be done for wayyyy less and be just as efficient.
    I like this idea also, saving money, yet getting the same effects. How much do the cables run? I could run the program on my laptop and just flash the map myself, correct?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #32
    Registered User Graham46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Harford County, MD
    Posts
    743
    Im a little late, but welcome to the club! Your car looks very sharp already, and Im glad you already have some ideas of what you want to do with it. How have the mods youve had for the 7 months already been working out for you? And how in the hell is the bottom of your car so clean?! Haha. Also, is it just me or are only your rear windows tinted? What would be the reason for doing this, since Im considering a tint--I thought people just did the 100% of the glass on the car. Enjoy the forum, I know I have been.

    Im sure you know a great deal more than me, but just letting you know for comparison, I have similiar plans and here is the order I intend to do them in (as of now, Im completely stock)

    -first thing people kept telling me was get your tuning options figured out first, since any mods that dont require a tune wouldnt really be making significant difference. So, considering I need a newb/idiot proof tuning method, I was gonna buy the access port first (which you can install the stage 1 map on with stock parts while you wait to acquire more stuff)
    -next thing for me would be the cobb tbe which includes the DP, and once thats installed I will go to stage 2
    -only after these things are done will I start to focus on cosmetic stuff, which wont even be that much, probably just tinted windows, and if work is going really well, new wheels. I dunno about this category, I dont think I will mind if my car looks pretty much the same on the outside as long as its a bit louder and can rip up the road more than a stock one.

    Anyway, enough about me, just letting you know the order I had spent a lot of time considering/reading about. Have a good one and keep us posted!
    2006 WRB WRX Sedan @ Stage 2

    www.grahamsnodgrass.com

  4. #33
    Registered User WRXshun's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham46 View Post
    Im a little late, but welcome to the club! Your car looks very sharp already, and Im glad you already have some ideas of what you want to do with it. How have the mods youve had for the 7 months already been working out for you? And how in the hell is the bottom of your car so clean?! Haha. Also, is it just me or are only your rear windows tinted? What would be the reason for doing this, since Im considering a tint--I thought people just did the 100% of the glass on the car. Enjoy the forum, I know I have been.

    Im sure you know a great deal more than me, but just letting you know for comparison, I have similiar plans and here is the order I intend to do them in (as of now, Im completely stock)

    -first thing people kept telling me was get your tuning options figured out first, since any mods that dont require a tune wouldnt really be making significant difference. So, considering I need a newb/idiot proof tuning method, I was gonna buy the access port first (which you can install the stage 1 map on with stock parts while you wait to acquire more stuff)
    -next thing for me would be the cobb tbe which includes the DP, and once thats installed I will go to stage 2
    -only after these things are done will I start to focus on cosmetic stuff, which wont even be that much, probably just tinted windows, and if work is going really well, new wheels. I dunno about this category, I dont think I will mind if my car looks pretty much the same on the outside as long as its a bit louder and can rip up the road more than a stock one.

    Anyway, enough about me, just letting you know the order I had spent a lot of time considering/reading about. Have a good one and keep us posted!
    Great post, thanks a lot man. As for the tinted windows it was kinda more for a look rather than keeping the sun out of the car. Plus I'm not really a fan of driving with 5% tints in the front at night, lol, it's just too dark. Not saying that I have to do 5% on the fronts, but you know what I'm saying. As for the mods I already have I'd have to say my favorite one would have to be the Tein Basic Coilovers. They're not the premium ones that Tein makes, but they're definitely better than stock. You can do a whole lot of adjusting on ride height, which just made my car look 10 times better.

    Plans as of right now...
    -Look for an AP or maybe do some more research on the tactrix cable, I kinda liked that idea.
    -Up-pipe, Down-pipe, Rest of the exhaust (Stage 2 it) And I've always liked Invidia for some reason, so I'd probably go with their product, maybe not for the rest of the exhaust after the DP, but definitely the UP and DP. Any thoughts on that?
    -Then once I have more money go deeper into the world of modding and actually start aiming for some numbers. Hopefully try and get her to 300awhp, with a long list of mods. I'd be super happy with that, but that won't be for awhile!
    Last edited by WRXshun; 05-26-2010 at 10:42 AM.

  5. #34
    Registered User ignite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pleasanton, California, United States
    Posts
    40
    great looking ride! I wish I coulda found an older subie in the time frame I was shopping around, they look incredible cleaned up. excellent job thus far imo!

  6. #35
    Registered User WRXshun's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by ignite View Post
    great looking ride! I wish I coulda found an older subie in the time frame I was shopping around, they look incredible cleaned up. excellent job thus far imo!
    Thank you! I tried to clean it up the best I could and I think that's as good as it's going to get. Update: Just ordered my Up-pipe and brand new gaskets! Going to order the Down-pipe this weekend hopefully, hold out on the installation and then once I get the AP, I'm going to install everything and flash stage 2!

  7. #36
    Registered User ej20_allday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Chi-town
    Posts
    91
    beautiful WRX guy, saw it at the JDM meet in Orland and I couldnt stop staring at it.
    I keep my scooby clean

  8. #37
    Registered User WRXshun's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by ej20_allday View Post
    beautiful WRX guy, saw it at the JDM meet in Orland and I couldnt stop staring at it.
    Thanks a lot man! I'm glad you liked it. Likin' the sig too, lol. Well have to meet up at one of the next meets if I end up going. My name on JDMC is: I GET RAD if you go on there.

  9. #38
    Registered User WRXshun's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    40
    UP finally came in, went with the invidia. Now I just have to install it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •