Pricing for 2011 WRX/STi
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Pricing for 2011 WRX/STi within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just curious if they released pricing info for 2011 WRX/STis yet... Looking to buy after I get out of school ...

I Support ClubWRX

Pricing for 2011 WRX/STi

Just curious if they released pricing info for 2011 WRX/STis yet...

Looking to buy after I get out of school in December, and trying to figure out if I can manage to save a down payment through the semester instead of letting beer eat my summer work money.

Also, have heard bad things about subaru dealers including extra junk that you get stuck paying for. Any tips to avoid this? Or is it pretty universal that I'm going to get shafted paying for an extra useless alarm?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I talked with two different dealerships about 2011 WRX's, both gave the same answer. They couldn't order any 2010's and the 2011 are not available until later in the summer (August?). They couldn't even say if there was going to be a price increase or not. They did admit to the new wide body front ends, and assumed the price would increase a little, but no numbers.

After seeing the wide body 2011, I'm kinda glad I went ahead and purchased the 2010. I'm sure by the end of the summer, I'd have lost interest in the WRX and moved on to something else. Boy I'm glad I got my WRX though, I'm loving it.

As far as "extra junk", I only found 2 WRX's that were basically bare. The lesser one got sold the day I found it. The one I bought only had the media hub (love it) and Autodark/Compass rear-view. The dealership done the interior/exterior package for free, so couldn't beat the 5 yr warranty on that. So far I'm happy with what I got, I'm just not interested in upgraded packages. After all, I'm used to Geo Metro's.
    2010 WRX 4-door, 5mt, WRB - fast enough stock!!
    2010 Forester 2.5x 5mt, SSM - wifey DD
    '87 Z28, LT1/6spd conv. - side project
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it

I Support ClubWRX
    Well I'm used to an astro van where I have to hold the dome lights up when I turn them on, haha...

Yeah I would be happy with a bare bones vehicle too, or at least manufacturer installed options, not dealer options. I don't like dealers messing with cars, and I don't like to pay for it either. Maybe if I talk to the dealers about it and make some friends I can figure out.

I'm gonna assume about a 1k price bump up. Figure that isn't too bad of an assumption.

Thanks, just wanted to check the information hasn't been posted anywhere yet.

I saw don't worry about the car and have fun drinking beer over the summer. Having a car payment sucks and why would you want to forgo having fun?

If you really do have to have that new car then don't worry about it until when you're ready to buy. A lot of it will depend on the state of the economy, your regional economy, your personal finances, etc. However, you'll be ahead of the game if you decide to purchase in December as that is always a slow month for dealers with the holidays. Also, a lot of times they'll give that extra junk away at a hugely discounted price if they want to move the cars; however, my bet is there is going to be huge demand for these given they'll be widebody.

Just my nearly worthless $0.02.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah not a bad way to look at it. I have an internship over the summer that tends to be awfully slow at the start (was here last year too), so gives me time to get my reading in and all that.

Was just reading around and trying to get a hold on things - that Astro van won't hold up much longer, and will have to get to work somehow.

I graduate in December, so might work out well considering normally I have to spread out the summer earnings over two semesters of rent and beer... Hopefully won't enjoy my semester that much, or I'm going to have a frekin huge beer gut and another semester following it.

Will keep trolling around in the mean time, thanks.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.