my first subaru

This is a discussion on my first subaru within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello everyone. I've been browsing the forum for about 3 weeks now and figured I'd make my first post. For ...

Cool my first subaru

Hello everyone. I've been browsing the forum for about 3 weeks now and figured I'd make my first post. For the past 18 years I've been driving a 1991 Toyota 4x4. After over 330,000 kms I decided it was time for something new. I would have bought another Toyota in a heartbeat, but they just don't make anything I want. I don't like the looks of the 2005 and up trucks, and I couldn't find a 2003-2004 with low mileage. I knew that if I were to buy a car, it would have to be a hatchback for the dog and occasional camping trips etc. After looking at brand new Imprezas and Mazda 3's I still couldn't make up my mind. Then.....one day I saw a 2008 WRX advertised on used vic.com (local classified site). I knew instantly that this was to be my first Subaru and 2 days later, it was. Now I have alot of reading to do to learn how to best take care of and improve my car. I sure am happy I got this wrx instead of the impreza. Thanks to all of you for taking the time to post about your own experiences, as it is an invaluable resource for us newbies.
    Cheers
    (was that too long?):

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!

I drive a Toyota daily too. It's only got 385,000 km so it's still OK to drive to work.

Congrats on the Subaru and enjoy the forum.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by flycaster View Post
    Hello everyone. I've been browsing the forum for about 3 weeks now and figured I'd make my first post. For the past 18 years I've been driving a 1991 Toyota 4x4. After over 330,000 kms I decided it was time for something new. I would have bought another Toyota in a heartbeat, but they just don't make anything I want. I don't like the looks of the 2005 and up trucks, and I couldn't find a 2003-2004 with low mileage. I knew that if I were to buy a car, it would have to be a hatchback for the dog and occasional camping trips etc. After looking at brand new Imprezas and Mazda 3's I still couldn't make up my mind. Then.....one day I saw a 2008 WRX advertised on used vic.com (local classified site). I knew instantly that this was to be my first Subaru and 2 days later, it was. Now I have alot of reading to do to learn how to best take care of and improve my car. I sure am happy I got this wrx instead of the impreza. Thanks to all of you for taking the time to post about your own experiences, as it is an invaluable resource for us newbies.
    Cheers
    (was that too long?):

Tell me about it! Been a toyota fan my whole life, also been waiting for Toyota to release something worthy of sports car praise post mk4 supra. (mr2 spyder ugh, celica gt ugh, lexus is350/isf too much damn $$$). To be honest, I was looking at 07+ tundras for the longest time and I just couldn't justify the gas efficiency. So I bought a wrx. Hope you enjoy it! I'm in the same boat still reading up as much as I can.