Hey Guys. New Here, and Want To Share My Controversial Idea
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Hey Guys. New Here, and Want To Share My Controversial Idea within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So pretty much what I'm looking for now is a DD for the next 2 years to get me through ...

Hey Guys. New Here, and Want To Share My Controversial Idea

So pretty much what I'm looking for now is a DD for the next 2 years to get me through college, but also something with a lot of potential down the road. Something that I can build into a beast. Building cars is my number one hobby.

I discovered a place that sells reconstructed title WRX's, and STi's. I know people don't like that idea, but here is why I do. I can get it for cheap as ****. It's a 2007 WRX with 28k miles for only $14600. Theft recovery vehicle. I talked to the guy, and they replace everything with OEM Subaru parts. They also offer a 36 month/36k mile warranty for an extra $1800. That is the key, and why I'm going to do this.

I need 2 years of a guaranteed DD until I finish college, and I will get 3 with this. Then when I finish college up, get a decent job, I will by another DD, and start building the **** out it.

So that's the plan. I expect critiscm, but that's ok. I like my plan, and will stick to my guns no matter what.

Pretty much this is just my what's to all the members here thread.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I personally don't think a reconstructed car is bad. Both of my current stis are title reconstructs.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    I personally don't think a reconstructed car is bad. Both of my current stis are title reconstructs.
    See, I don't either. Especially if the person who is building it is doing it right, and using the right parts. The person I am going to buy from has over 180 positive ebay reviews, because he sells some of his cars on ebay. Not one negative review.

I also wanted to know something. I live in Washingon, this place is in Oregon. Will I have to pay taxes for the car?

One more question. Will I be able to buy a reconstructed title in Oregon, and register it in Washington?

Pretty sure taxes are determined by your place of residence. I live in Oregon and when I was looking to buying a car in Vancouver WA I was exempt from WA taxes. You'll probably end up having to pay taxes.

Registered User JoseCorpseGrind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BenS View Post
    Pretty sure taxes are determined by your place of residence. I live in Oregon and when I was looking to buying a car in Vancouver WA I was exempt from WA taxes. You'll probably end up having to pay taxes.
    Not necessarily true. I live in "Ill"inois and bought my car in Iowa, had to pay Iowa taxes though.
    2003 wrx

"Lazlo's Chinese Relativity Axiom: No matter how great your triumphs or how tragic your defeats, approximately one billion Chinese couldn't care less. "

Quote Originally Posted by JoseCorpseGrind View Post
    Not necessarily true. I live in "Ill"inois and bought my car in Iowa, had to pay Iowa taxes though.
    I could be wrong, it could also depend from state to state. Well, I'm happy to be an Oregonian.

I had to pay taxes on my sti that I bought from a small dealership in oregon and i also live in washington. When you come back to register tha car you will have to. Or at least I had to.

Thanks for the answers guys. I appreciate it. I was assuming I would have to.

One more question.

Will Washington allow me to register an Oregon reconstructed title?

BTW, 04STiman I lived in Hoquiam growing up. Living in Spokane for school now though. I hate the rain so I'm never moving back. How do you put up with it?

hmm, I would check one thing - make sure the insurance doesn't bite you. I read somewhere that insurance can be significantly higher on a vehicle with anything but a clean title - just another cost to consider.

Otherwise, good luck with the vehicle, it'll probably be great for you.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes you will pay taxes in Washington when you register. Are you buying from silverline?

I am just so used to it. I still hate it. I just have learned to put up with it. I was born in Cali, and moved up here with my folks when I was about 10 so you can imagine how much of a change that was for us.

likely you already checked this, but just as a word of caution on the warranty. many warranties on used vehicles are "from date of [or "mileage at"] original purchase." so just make sure it's good until 2013 or 64k miles and not ending this year or only 8k more miles.

Quote Originally Posted by jhndflpp View Post
    likely you already checked this, but just as a word of caution on the warranty. many warranties on used vehicles are "from date of [or "mileage at"] original purchase." so just make sure it's good until 2013 or 64k miles and not ending this year or only 8k more miles.
    Alright, I will look into that.

Yes, the ones I'm looking into are from silverlineautomotive.
    Last edited by Boxing Fan; 05-24-2010 at 02:22 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Silverline cars are clean. Most are worked on/tuned by Bobby at PRE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast