how to get 300hp in simple terms?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 43

This is a discussion on how to get 300hp in simple terms? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm new to the Subaru scene and just got a 02 wrx. I was wondering what are some ways to ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2

    how to get 300hp in simple terms?

    I'm new to the Subaru scene and just got a 02 wrx. I was wondering what are some ways to get my car to 300hp that can be done quick and easy?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User 06scoobyrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    SL,UT
    Posts
    2,606
    To the wheels or crank?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

  4. #3
    Moderator T0rque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Medford, Oregon
    Posts
    25,521
    I Support ClubWRX
    Simple as financing an sti


    Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

  5. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2
    300 hp to the wheels

  6. #5
    Registered User wrxlaunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    DC,MD,VA
    Posts
    262
    VF or 16G or ... turbo, turbo back exhaust,up-pipe,fuel pump,injectors and a front mount + tune
    VF-43 Bugeye: OPEN SOURCE tune... 121xxx miles

    13.1@105... Lazy launch 1.9 60'
    285whp and 300WTQ.

  7. #6
    He simply abides. SD_GR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    CA, US
    Posts
    22,734
    I Support ClubWRX
    There is no quick and easy way to do this. There are slower and more involved ways. See link in my sig, but again, consider another car if you want quick and easy.

    wrxlaunch is correct, but none of that is quick. It's a couple days work, roughly a couple grand cost, and lots of bolts, nuts, and bleeding knuckles. People do it all the time but it doesn't meet your criteria.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

  8. #7
    Moderator T0rque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Medford, Oregon
    Posts
    25,521
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    There is no quick and easy way to do this. There are slower and more involved ways. See link in my sig, but again, consider another car if you want quick and easy.

    wrxlaunch is correct, but none of that is quick. It's a couple days work, roughly a couple grand cost, and lots of bolts, nuts, and bleeding knuckles. People do it all the time but it doesn't meet your criteria.
    I personally feel my answer was king


    Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

  9. #8
    Registered User 06scoobyrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    SL,UT
    Posts
    2,606
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxlaunch View Post
    vf or 16g or ... Turbo, turbo back exhaust,up-pipe,fuel pump,injectors and a front mount + tune
    +1
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

  10. #9
    He simply abides. SD_GR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    CA, US
    Posts
    22,734
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    I personally feel my answer was king
    Your answer was the quickest and easiest, and it does rule.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

  11. #10
    Registered User JoeMomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Monmouth County, NJ
    Posts
    700
    Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    I personally feel my answer was king
    lol it was the quickest way but certainly not the easiest. i mean he already has the bug eye, so thatd mean hed have to spend more money on anyother, when he can spend the ~grand or 2(depending if he finds good deals or not) and be just as fast for cheaper.
    bugeye maffia member #304 l http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_fonseca/

  12. #11
    He simply abides. SD_GR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    CA, US
    Posts
    22,734
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeMomma View Post
    lol it was the quickest way but certainly not the easiest. i mean he already has the bug eye, so thatd mean hed have to spend more money on anyother, when he can spend the ~grand or 2(depending if he finds good deals or not) and be just as fast for cheaper.
    He's not as good at building Subarus as Subaru, so it is unlikely he will end up faster for cheaper. Even assuming the bugeye exceeds the power of a stock factory 2.5L STi engine, the car itself will be slower, probably over 2s per km slower -- and nothing in this thread even addresses that issue. But I do think your comment on deals should be looked into -- people are parting out or are selling used bits all over so a lucky or smart shopper sure can save a lot of money over buying new. That still leaves the man hours and the wrenching but it's a great way to save some cash though, you're absolutely right.
    Last edited by SD_GR; 05-22-2010 at 02:38 PM.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

  13. #12
    Registered User JoeMomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Monmouth County, NJ
    Posts
    700
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    He's not as good at building Subarus as Subaru, so it is unlikely he will end up faster for cheaper. Even assuming the bugeye exceeds the power of a stock factory 2.5L STi engine, the car itself will be slower, probably over 2s per km slower -- and nothing in this thread even addresses that issue. But I do think your comment on deals should be looked into -- people are parting out or are selling used bits all over so a lucky or smart shopper sure can save a lot of money over buying new. That still leaves the man hours and the wrenching but it's a great way to save some cash though, you're absolutely right.
    lol yes, people ask me about certain parts for their car, recent a kid asked me if i knew about anything about the greddy Evo 2 and TI-C and i said "yes...theyre way to expensive for just a cat back"

    i literally got my entire turbo back set up(including a straight pipe for when i wanna be obnoxious), and up pipe for less than that of a brand new brand name cat back,

    hell all my mods(tbe, up pipe, coil overs, ap v2 and wheels) cost less than 2 grand total. It takes time but if you search around for a little while youll find some pretty stellar deals, a little bit of research can go a long way
    bugeye maffia member #304 l http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_fonseca/

  14. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    21
    VF39, STi TMIC, Some sort of top feed injectors with a minimum flow rate of 550cc's, Walbro FP, and a tune. Wideband, boost, egt sensor's are not required but, recommended.

  15. #14
    zax
    zax is offline
    \_(ツ)_/ zax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Neverland Ranch, Maryland
    Posts
    13,158
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxlaunch View Post
    VF or 16G or ... turbo, turbo back exhaust,up-pipe,fuel pump,injectors and a front mount + tune
    + new transmission, new block, and new rods & pistons when you fry all of those components
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

    Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

    Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

  16. #15
    Registered User wrxlaunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    DC,MD,VA
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by 99STM View Post
    VF39, STi TMIC, Some sort of top feed injectors with a minimum flow rate of 550cc's, Walbro FP, and a tune. Wideband, boost, egt sensor's are not required but, recommended.
    STi tmic will hold u back from getting 300whp on a 2L reliably.
    VF-43 Bugeye: OPEN SOURCE tune... 121xxx miles

    13.1@105... Lazy launch 1.9 60'
    285whp and 300WTQ.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •